Backend Software Engineer
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI. The Applied ML, Data- and Software Engineering team is one part of the BCAI with the mission to incubate, engineer and roll out AI solutions to Bosch. We work closely with domain experts on real-world applications to transform Bosch into a data-driven company.
- You work together with data scientists to build scalable and reliable AI solutions. You will have direct impact on new and exciting AI solutions that will change Bosch’s products and processes. Furthermore, you contribute to product development and create tools for our end-users.
- Take the ownership of specific components, make them reliable, scalable and help to design the overall architecture. You will participate in the operation of the services to take end-to-end responsibility. Together with your teammates, you will foster the software engineering culture in our team.
- Thanks to your experience, you value the principles of the Agile Manifesto. You like to continuously grow your skills and support your colleagues in improving theirs. You take pride in writing and delivering production grade code and will collaborate with various levels of management and technical staff.
- Education: excellent degree (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a comparable qualification
- Personality and Working Practice: open-minded, reliable and motivated team player who is keen to learn new technologies and share knowledge while being able to work independently
- Experience and Knowledge: Several years of professional experience in software development, proficiency in some modern programming languages (e.g. Python, Java or Go) and Linux, general understanding of machine learning methods and experience in developing software in AI or data centric domains, demonstrated ability to write clean, maintainable and production grade code, demonstrated experience in working with web development frameworks (e.g. Express or flask) and building elegant REST APIs. Knowledge of relational and No-SQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL), knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. code reviews, CI/CD, testing, operations or arc42) and knowledge in cloud technologies, k8s and deep learning are a big plus
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken)
Take that challenge and be a part of this young and vibrant team! We would like to welcome you as soon as possible.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence
Please submit all relevant documents (curriculum vitae, letter of motivation and certificates). We encourage you to also send links to relevant code that you have worked on, such as links to your GitHub, GitLab or Stack Overflow account.
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Sven Lindenschmid (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 91204