Software Engineer for BCAI Applied Machine Learning
- Robert-Bosch-Campus, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI. The Applied ML, Data- and Software Engineering team is one part of the BCAI with the mission to incubate, engineer and roll out AI solutions to Bosch. We work closely with domain experts on real-world applications to transform Bosch into a data-driven company.
- Your task is to support our endeavor towards software engineering excellence. You will shape our software development life cycle, the respective toolchain, and support our product teams in professional software engineering of AI applications, always aiming at superior software quality.
- Based on your expertise, you will take ownership of specific components. You will be at the core of making overarching architecture decisions, e.g., regarding development infrastructure or a microservices architecture. You will collaborate with various levels of management and technical staff.
- You know that proper software engineering is a craftsmanship. You take pride in writing and delivering production grade code. You value the principles of the Agile Manifesto. You want to continuously grow your skills and support your colleagues in improving theirs.
- Education: Excellent degree (Bachelor or higher) in computer science or related fields
- Personality: Enthusiastic, motivated to learn, keen to share ideas, driving things forward autonomously and collaboratively, persistent and not afraid to provide honest feedback
- Experience: Strong software engineering foundation with 3+ years of hands-on, industry experience in building and deploying AI and/or Big Data applications including taking and documenting respective architecture decisions. Proficiency in more than one common language like Python, Java, C++, Go, Rust; experience in Python and its open-source ecosystem is beneficial. Professional attitude including agile methods like automated testing, pair programming, code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and familiarity with respective frameworks. Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, and object storage. Experience in cloud-based deployment is a plus
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Take that challenge and be a part of this young and vibrant team! We would like to welcome you as soon as possible.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence
Please submit all relevant documents (CV, letter of motivation, certificates). We encourage you to also send links to relevant code that you have worked on, such as links to your GitHub, GitLab or Stack Overflow account.
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Patrick Emmerich (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 58356