Purchase Engineer (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
- Technical purchasing for new parts and components in development projects, drive Time-To-Market (TTM) process and introduction of new parts;
- Lead technical discussions with suppliers and engineering, conduct supplier visits;
- Initiate, coordinate and bring forward preventative quality;
- Focus on target costing, identify cost improvement ideas with suppliers and involvement in costs estimations and tracking;
- Contribute to achieve target costs, target dates for milestones and quality;
- Prepare supplier awarding for new parts, ensure the project schedule in respect to part deliveries;
- Involvement in Innovation Feasibility Projects.
What distinguishes you
- Academic degree in Engineering;
- Heat Pump knowledge is preferred;
- Working experience in purchasing department or engineering department;
- Structured and analytical way of working;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and apply own initiative to find solutions;
- Results oriented and pro-active attitude;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international team environment;
- Willingness to travel.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!