Development and Test Engineer for Heat Pump development (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
- Development of new technical concepts, innovative functions and solutions for Heat Pumps with focus on Low Price Product Segment;
- Responsibility for testing of Heat Pumps and components including appliance and interface with the system;
- Specification of Heat Pump requirements with the background of the entire heating/cooling and domestic water system;
- Analyze test data and status of Heat Pump operation;
- Create test plans, execute and document development tests;
- Issue product technical documentation (reports, procedures);
- Quality improvement and optimization/maintenance of existing Heat Pump products range;
- Cost reduction of existing appliance platforms based on component selection.
What distinguishes you
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical or Physics Engineering;
- Ability to understand complex system development;
- Knowledge in testing specification;
- Knowledge in thermodynamics and refrigeration;
- Refrigeration and/or Hydraulic professional background is preferred;
- Familiarity with Product Development tools (FMEA, DFMA, FAM) is valued;
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote);
- Project experience in product development;
- Problem solving mindset;
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and apply own initiative to find solutions in a structured way;
- Results oriented and pro-active attitude;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Good communication skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Willingness to travel and to work in an international environment.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!