Senior Java Developer - Autonomous Mower
- EN109/Zona Industrial de Ovar, Lugar da Pardala, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Ovar belongs to the Building Technologies division and is focused on bringing solutions to the market that are shaping the smart cities of the future. The company develops and produces innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms and electronic displays. With about 700 employees, its success lies in the highly specialized and innovative team and technological know-how.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our Indego autonomous lawnmower development adventure. We are from Bosch, things here are 'Invented for life' - Indego specializes in reshaping the future of Home and Garden. We do that by providing a connected experience that blends in seamlessly with our users' everyday life.
We can only do that by working together and combining our knowledge with state-of-the-art technology to give super-powers to our mowers.
As a Senior Java Developer we hope you can join us on the fight against our mower’s daemons by providing knowlegde on how to sharpen and improve our backend tools. You will mostly have three sparring grounds:
- Application Interfaces (APIs) – Improve the way our components communicate with each other, presenting a pragmatic perspective on their efficiency. Design and implement new API versions whilst guaranteeing their retro-compatibility.
- Analytics and Monitoring – Information is power. Help us improve our analytics tools, which enable us to work proactively and better suite our customer needs.
- Predictive Mowing – This is where we perform most of the heavy spells. You will be evaluating the efficiency of the algorithms used for predicting when a mower can mow.
As part of the backend engineering team, you will be working behind the curtain making sure everything is neatly connected. Therefore, we expect you to have great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and idea sharing. Nevertheless, no one fights dragons alone! You will work within a multi-disciplined team in agile software development cycles continuously communicating with our Product Owner and other development teams.
Apart from your excellent technical skills, you will be a problem solver, a planner and a doer and we expect you to bring your A-game! In return you will be surrounded by some of the best talents in the business, in an inspiring environment where you can reach your personal and professional goals. Moreover, you will become a Bosch employee and you will be embraced by a caring, ambitious and pioneer culture that will make sure you are well looked after and happy.
The skills we expect you to have:
- Extensive experience using Java Spring Boot (Java 8, Maven)
- Experience with public clouds such as Azure and AWS
- Interest in solving complex problems related to serving our customers better – both internal & external customers
- High self-motivation
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB and/or CosmosDB is a plus)
- Knowledge in Domain-Driven design
- Experience with Microservices Architecture, Cloud Architecture and Container Architecture
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA)
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and the relevant algorithms used to classify or predict outcomes based on data
- Knowledge of test frameworks
- Experience in migrating databases
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into reality
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!