Group Leader Production Engineer
- Pilsley Rd, Danesmoor, Clay Cross, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers.
Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Worcester is also home to our Commercial & Industrial Division. Bosch C&I is one of the leading suppliers of heating and hot water products in the UK. We specialise in the manufacture of Industrial Boilers, Commercial Boilers and Heat Interface Units – which are also manufactured in Worcester.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for ten years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacturing of gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our oil boilers are manufactured.
The overall purpose of the job is to develop the CyP Manufacturing facilities considering international standards, productivity requirements and associate skill levels. To develop and optimise the manufacturing processes of the CyP plant utilising a Continuous Improvement strategy through BPS (Bosch Production Systems).
Continually driving and supporting a Quality culture throughout the manufacturing environment. To coordinate international and local new products to ensure that they are introduced on time in an efficient and effective manner. To guide, lead & mentor Production Engineers (Project responsible), undergrads & Apprentices.
Lead International team within the International Production Network (IPN)
- Qualified engineer (HND or above)
- Experienced in problem solving methodology e.g. 8D, Ishikawa, 5Whys.
- Experienced in utilizing quality tools e.g. FMEA, SPC, Capability studies
- Understanding of engineering change process
- Experienced in the application of Lean manufacturing techniques e.g. Pull system, Just-in-time, waste elimination
- Engineering knowledge on manufacturing/ assembly processes such as joining techniques, stamping process, copper pipe production, machining etc.
- Project management skills – Microsoft Project knowledge is preferred.
- TTM (Time to Market/ New Product Introductions) Knowledge
- Investment/ budget planning
- Innovation, openness to new ideas
- Result oriented working style and ability to solve problems.
- Driven and works autonomously.
- Team working attitude.
- Excellent communication, influencing and coaching (mentoring) skills.
- Flexibility in the sense of travelling to other Bosch sites or suppliers.
The Clay Cross plant is undergoing significant changes to achieve challenging BPS targets as well as customer focussed Quality targets: the position will require strong commitment and dedication with some overtime required
Deadline for Applications: 22 January 2021