Senior Software Engineer, Android Automotive
- Scheelevägen, Lund, Sweden
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch AB
Welcome to a world, where your ideas lead to something big. Welcome to Bosch.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Lund is Bosch´s newest site in Sweden; it´s a development center with around 180 engineers developing products for connected mobile products. Welcome to Bosch.
At Bosch Engineering Center in Lund, we need to enforce the Android Automotive development team. We are working with the integration of Android on Bosch center screen head units for passenger cars. These infotainment systems are increasingly becoming a vital part of the driver/passenger experience with richer functionality such as service integration, navigation, security and internet connectivity. Google provided Android open source and adoptions of underlying hardware layers and with additional services/apps and extensions are developed by Bosch and other 3rd parties. The usage of Android in head units are an important part of the Mobility business unit. The coming systems combine the infotainment with the instrument cluster, it runs hyper-vised and is highly integrated on the vehicle computer.
- Participate in every stage of the software development from requirement analysis, design and implementation, to module and system verification.
- Adopt underlying layers for Android Automotive to run on Bosch hardware.
- Bring up new releases from Google and SoC vendors.
- Build prototypes and demonstrators for fares and acquisitions.
- Communicate with other software teams and if necessary, also customers.
- Be part in identifying strategies and designing software.
We would like you to have;
- Master/Bachelor in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar,
- Extensive experience from software development on embedded Linux systems,
- Knowledge about the Android framework and HAL is highly valued,
- Hardware bring up experience for Linux systems is a must,
- Insights on working with SW within the automotive industry is a plus,
- Thorough knowledge about object-oriented development and design,
- Excellent C/C++ and/or Java programming skills,
- Experience of agile development and continuous integration,
- Experience from working in international teams, distributed all over the world,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German will be beneficial).
The Android Automotive team in Lund owns the Android Software on different system configurations and govern the source for easy start of customer projects. But the team is also part of early work with prototypes and demonstrators for fares and acquisitions. This opens for both technical depth and broad scope for the team who works in all layers from hardware abstraction up to Android applications – your knowledge about the Android/Linux systems is highly valued.
We don’t value your expertise only on tenure – mindset, drive and personality are important aspects. You will be part of a skilled, open minded team where we emphasize cooperation, knowledge sharing, open communication and enabling people to grow.
Looking forward to your application and talking about our future!
Your future job location offers you:
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures, rural surroundings.
Diversity is our strength! At Bosch we look at diversity in gender, generation, nationalities and culture as our advantage. We believe mixed teams to be more successful because they utilize the potential offered by different perspectives and solution strategies. We therefore promote mixed teams at all levels and draw on the entire talent pool.