Senior Android/Java Software Developer
- Ovar, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
Welcome to Bosch
As a leader in the Internet of Things, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes and cities and connected industry and mobility. 130 years after Robert Bosch founded Bosch with the first low-voltage magnet, 390,000 employees around the world have helped create trends in innovation and connectivity. Bosch is represented in Portugal by three divisions of the Group. Our industrial units are located in Aveiro, Braga and Ovar. From these locations we develop and produce "Invented for life" technology with a purpose: to improve life quality of people through innovative and sparkly products.
Bosch Security Systems - Sistemas de Segurança, S.A., is focused on developing devices that will shape the smart cities of the future.
Robert Bosch Smart Home GmbH was founded 2016 in Germany as a 100 percent subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH. Now we want to build up a R&D team in Portugal. We develop intelligent connected devices, features and services in agile teams with an open work culture and flat hierarchies in an inspiring working environment. Our focus is to provide users with inspiring products for a comfortable and safe home.
As a senior software developer, you will be part of a new agile software development team in Ovar, Portugal and develop features for our smart home system in Java and Kotlin in our native Android app and Java-based smart home controller.
- Create something new: Eager to build and extend features in our smart home Android app.
- Teamwork: You design and plan the incremental implementations in a self-organized team using agile methodologies.
- Implement holistically: With your skills and creativity, you develop high-quality software solutions using latest technologies. You ensure the quality of the software through code reviews, automated tests and regular refactoring. All this in a close loop with the other platform developers of the backend systems or the Android app
- Taking responsibility: You are responsible for the extension and maintenance of the Android app and smart home controller. You take ownership of developed features including 3rd level support.
- Continuous improvement: You actively contribute your knowledge and experience for continuously improving the software development process
- Mentoring: You coach junior developers by sharing your knowledge and experience of clean code, design patterns and test-driven development.
- Personality: You have very good analytical skills, a structured way of working and the motivation to improve yourself further.
- Enthusiasm: You are convinced of the advantages of agile methods - and are a real team player. With your own initiative, close cooperation and personal responsibility, you actively contribute to the success of the team.
- Professionalism: Software development is your passion and a high level of quality awareness distinguishes you. You have an expert knowledge about software design patterns and techniques (e.g. DDD) as well as the principles of clean code and test-driven development (TDD).
- Experience: You have at least 5 years of professional software development experience and comprehensive knowledge of software engineering with Java and preferably Kotlin. You have advanced level of practical experience with the Android and Java development tools e.g. IntelliJ and Android Studio. Furthermore, you are highly proficient in common development tools (such as JUnit, Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Jira).
- Languages: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of German is nice to have.
- Education: You have a diploma or bachelor's/master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- A Big Plus: Solid knowledge of Cloud development to strengthen the cooperation between platforms. First experience with the paradigms of IoT projects and smart home use-cases e.g. smart heating or home security for a head start into your new position.
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!