Undergraduate Placements - Clay Cross
- Pilsley Rd, Clay Cross, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers.
Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for nine years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacturing of gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our oil boilers are manufactured.
Based in Clay Cross, you will have the chance to work for a dynamic Company to enrich your knowledge and experience. During your 12 month Internship, you will have the opportunity to support on a range of topics and become an integral part of the team. You will also be a key support to our Worcester Contact Centre, answering inbound phonecalls. This will allow you to develop and enhance your communication skills for the future. To apply, please attach a CV and provide a cover document outlining your preferred placement:
Our design engineering placement opportunities enable you to use 3D design packages to create solutions for new production processes. You will play an active role in continuous improvement tasks and support the production team in their pursuit of ‘right first time’ manufacturing.
A variety of Engineering placement positions which support the production of products at our Clay Cross site. You will be taking a leading role in continuous improvement activities with a focus on quality and product reliability as well as support the team with work standard documentation.
An array of placements available for students who are looking to learn general business acumen and want to further understand how a department works. We have placements available in our Facilities and Health, Safety and Environment depts. Where you would be involved in Risk and Safety Management, Environmental and Energy reduction programs and Site Facility/Maintenance projects.
Our Project Management placement students are active participants in project and continuous and improvement work. They assist in the planning, development and implementation of departmental projects and work with the team to ensure targets are met.
- Be an undergraduate student with a desire to complete a 12 month work placement as part of degree studies.
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Has the ability to adapt quickly to changing working environments and is ready to embrace new ways of working through digitalisation.
- Has the capability to work well in a team as well as independently, using own initiative.
- Has a quality mind-set with high attention to detail.
- Can communicate confidently with people at all levels, written and verbal (including on the telephone).
- IT literate and confident in using MS Office packages as well as learning Company systems.
Please note: This position is only open to undergraduate students, who are required to undertake a placement as part of their degree. If you are not currently studying in University, please look at our other opportunities.
Candidate Selection: Process TBC