Group Leader/Supervisor (2nd Shift)
- 4421 SC-81, Anderson, SC 29621, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!
The Group Leader is responsible for production and ensuring achievement of hourly and shift targets (e.g. output, quality, delivery, etc.). GL ensures immediate response to deviations from standards, up to and including technical adjustments to equipment/machinery gaps. The GL utilizes process confirmations to analyze performance, identify deviations, opportunities for improvements, and to mentor and coach associates. Also leads team and works with appropriate resources in sustainable problem solving.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong BPS project skills: SYS-CIP, Point CIP, etc. BPS Apprentice preferred.
- Demonstrated use of project organizational tools, i.e. A3, PDCA, project definition trees, etc.
- Ensure production standards/targets are met through immediate correction action for deviations to standards.
- Actively develop and improve standards by performing process analysis and
process confirmation to identify and drive improvements in collaboration
with appropriate resources.
- Train team in standardized work and mentor Operators and Technicians on
problem-solving techniques to improve deviation recognition and
implementation of immediate/effective corrective actions.
- Initiate appropriate problem solving technique when trigger limits are reached, including but not limited to: A3 hot lead analysis, participating on A3 teams and owning A3s within scope of control.
- Develop and mentor all team members to ensure they are trained to all Standards and fully understand all KPIs. Be aware and recognize individual and team accomplishments.
- Responsible for performance management of direct reports, including performance counseling, developmental process and goal setting with guidance and input from the Operations Leader.
- Ensure internal/external policy compliance of direct reports (HRL, HSE, etc.)
- Responsible for verbal and written communication to direct reports, including but not limited to leadership of Standard meetings within scope of control; plant-wide and vertical communications, etc.
Position Skill Requirements:
- Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is unavailable.
- Bachelor/Associate degree with 1 year supervisory experience OR 2 years supervisory experience
- General awareness of safety policies/procedures
- Demonstrated ability to recognize possible production losses, analyze line performance and address line performance issues
- General knowledge of Quality System to ensure quality standards/alerts are up-to-date and met (e.g. PQI's, JBS,etc)
- Demonstration of process and machine knowledge (i.e capable of trouble shooting minor technical and process problems and making process and machine adjustments that do not require PLC or LOTO). Some technical skills are required and will be discussed in more detail during interview process
- General knowledge of BPS principles and tools
- Experience in the use of the PDCA process. Ability to understand, do, and teach
- Ability to mentor others, engage, and lead teams in sustainable problem- solving process
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various levels
- Demonstration of different problem solving techniques and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to give constructive feedback
- Must be able to work OT as required.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)