Embedded Security Developer
- 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2, Canada
- Legal Entity: ETAS Embedded Systems Canada Inc.
Interested in helping cars start talking to each other for collision avoidance? Does the thought of building tools to secure communications between millions of devices excite you? Do you want to make the world a better place? Then you might be a good fit for our team. We are out to make a difference and have fun doing it. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and local charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
We are currently seeking a passionate problem solver who will drive development of custom technical solutions to our customers. At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats. The Custom Security Software Engineering group is tasked with extending ESCRYPT standard products to meet the very diverse needs of our customers. We even help our customers push into new territory, generating prototypes of new ideas that often lead to new products.
You are an experienced and motivated professional with a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering or another related discipline. You have a proven track record of getting the job done. When you take on a task, you deliver. You work hard, but you also understand how to keep things in balance and have a good time. You love a challenge and you hate to give up. You treat the impossible as an invitation to try. You are ready to jump into any problem and build a best-in-class solution. Innovation is in your nature and you would not have it any other way. You never stop learning and trying new things.
You are a software developer at the top of your game. You design and build software for embedded systems that perform well and are easy to use. Your efforts and design decisions will be key to our product success.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
You will be responsible for creating great product solutions for our customers, bridging the gap between ESCRYPT’s product portfolio and the specific needs of our customers. This includes exploring novel uses for our current technologies and developing new technologies to add to our portfolio. You will eagerly and diligently work to understand customer requirements, allowing you to creatively build best-in-class solutions that exceed their expectations. You will follow industry best practices for embedded software development to create efficient, maintainable and high quality solutions for our customers.
You will work within the Custom Security Software Engineering team, collaborating with developers, product management, core product engineering teams and others. Your primary role will be the analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of customized extensions of ESCRYPT’s core products in support of our business strategies. Possibilities are endless, so what can you bring to the team?
- Design and implement software systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Extend core ESCRYPT products to meet customer needs
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Provide post production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Review architecture and high level designs with team members
- Participate in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Contribute to successful completion of project deliverables
- Accept responsibility and ownership for special projects as assigned
- Travel in support of the above as required
- 3+ years experience working in a professional software development role
- High attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- A professional attitude and are comfortable working independently and interacting with customers
- Experience with C development for embedded platforms
- Experience developing software for real-time operating system environments
- Experience with embedded hardware platform bring up
- Demonstrated savvy and persistence tracing & debugging embedded
- Experience with test automation tools and techniques
- Knowledge of software testing principles, methodologies, automated testing and terminology
- Effective team player, who can communicate and collaborate well with others to accomplish ambitious common goals
- Problem solving guru others describe as detail-oriented, analytical, and perseverant
- Demonstrated self-starter who requires little supervision and thrives in a challenging environment
- Good understanding of software security, cryptography, and public key infrastructure systems
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Experience working in the automotive domain
- Experience with any of the following:
- Cryptographic Algorithms
- Experience with any of the following:
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.