Field Service Technician
- 2300 City Line Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18017, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation.
This direct position goal is generating revenue for the IH Field Service group by providing billable Field Service calls to customers. As a representative of Bosch Rexroth, the position would communicate professionally and effectively with customers, employees of the Bosch Group, and/or sub-contractors.
This position can be based from Bethlehem PA, Hoffman Estates IL, Rochester Hills MI, or Houston TX.
Field Service Activities:
- Support at customer site or virtually, diagnose and repair, or commission, hydraulic and electro-hydraulic components, or systems. In Addition:
- Provide on-site support for Field Service calls as business demands require.
- May be called on to suggest improvements to system/machine design to a limited degree
- May include assembly and modification of equipment on site to a limited degree
- Provide services on electro-hydraulic components using remote call support tools (RCST) to evaluate and fix issues
- Accessibility and availability via RCST; Troubleshooting on the phone or via RCST; Reduce downtime through competent instruction of customers maintenance staff on the phone or via RCST.
- Develop specialized knowledge for the control of industrial, hydraulically oriented machinery and use this knowledge to meet customer expectations.
- Work with market specific electronic and/or controls solution team to support field service intervention at customer’s site or via remote call support tool.
- Troubleshot on customer’s machine products/systems
- Learn & utilize computerized hydraulic system tools to verify functions of hydraulic and control solutions
- Evaluate and identify potential new business via phone or at customer sites
- Promote Fitness-Check evaluation
- Participate in relevant training and development
- Support other members of the team if needed remotely and or perform work on-site, to ensure rapid two-way flow of information and contribution to effective team working (Field Service, Inside Service, other departments, etc.)
- Prepare detailed field service reports. Reports will include daily records of work performed, materials used, hours worked, expense account items, etc.
- Provide direct labor support for Bethlehem or Houston Shop during peak demand
- Support in-house systems' testing and site commissioning of systems.
- Pro-actively address and resolve difficult customer issues and complaints.
- Performance will be monitored, evaluated and open for discussion. At times to be determined, the TL, Field Service and/or GL/Manager will assign the technician to accompany a senior technician for extended field training on more involved component, and control systems. This will continue until the technician is competent in performing more involved assignments on his/her own.
- To complete all tasks and objectives in accordance with customers technical, quality and delivery requirements, standard company procedures and policies, Health and Safety requirements and industry Codes of Practice
- Work overtime as necessary to complete project
- Perform other essential and related peripheral duties as assigned
Priorities will be generally be in the following order:
- Paid Field Service call (on customer’s site)
- Paid Field Service Remote Call Support
- Inside Repair
- Support to other departments within the Bosch Rexroth Organization
- Aftermarket Sales
- Associates’ Degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, Industrial Automation or related field from an accredited program (i.e. CHEA, Dept of Education) plus 2 years of experience in a hydraulic and electronic shop or field service capacity, OR High School Graduate or equivalent from an accredited program plus more than 4 years of experience in a hydraulic and electronic shop or field service capacity.
- Able to travel to domestic and international customer sites with little or no advance notice (approximately 60-70% of the year)
- Knowledge of Fluid Power components, (i.e. Pumps and Motors, proportional and servo valves, logic valves, etc.)
- Knowledge of Industrial hydraulic controllers (i.e. HNC, HPC, HACD) or related experience.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrated experience in assisting internal and external customers with questions, concerns, complaints, etc.
- Working knowledge of computer, Microsoft Office software, and ability to perform installation of controller specific programs as needed.
- Excellent verbal, organizational and communication skills
- Work overtime as necessary to complete project.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology
- AWIM (A World in Motion)