IT Support Apprentice
- Cotswold Way, Worcester, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers.
Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for ten years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacturing of gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our oil boilers are manufactured.
• Provide excellent IT Support to our customers over a variety of IT areas.
• IT Hardware support covering desktop and laptop devices
• Provide Support and configuration of Mobile and Smart Devices including accessories
• IT Software support covering configuration and troubleshooting
• Corporate telephony systems and devices including Avaya, SFB and MS Teams
• Audio Visual and conferencing systems
• Resolve incidents and requests within agreed SLA targets.
• Deal with customers or all levels face to face and via remote tools (skype / Teams / telephone).
• Investigate issues and devise solutions.
• Track hardware returns with suppliers
• Arrange and liaise with 3rd party incidents and supports for incidents / requests.
• Install and configure hardware.
• Problem determination of failed equipment.
• Create, maintain and develop processes and knowledge
• Record all user issues and resolutions
• Ensure the availability of hardware for customers
• Assist to identify areas of improvement for customers
• Able to embrace "Change" and promote this to others
• Able to prioritise work into an order that reflects the importance
• Support any necessary IoT & i4.0 solutions
• Willingness to travel to other Bosch UK Site should the need arise
• Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office / Office 365 packages.
• Working knowledge and be comfortable with iOS and windows 10 based devices
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing working environments.
• Good organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
• Have the confidence to challenge and propose new ideas.
• Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
• Have the capability to work well in a team as well as independently, using own initiative.
• Good attention to detail and quality mind-set.
• Inquisitive nature who enjoys problem solving.
• Have a keen interest in technology and digitisation
• Be prepared to be enrolled on a degree level course which requires one of the following:
- Have GCSE's including English and Maths
- Alternatively have three 'A' levels, including maths,
- Or have previously completed a level 3-4 Digital Industries Apprenticeship or BTEC
You will be enrolled onto a Digital and Technological Solutions Degree Apprenticeship, in partnership with The Development Manager and Wolverhampton University.