Intrusion Systems Engineering Manager
- 130 Perinton Pkwy, Fairport, NY 14450, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
Fairport, NY is the headquarters for the Bosch Security Systems sales organization in the United States and serves as the primary site for research and development, engineering, quality and product management for intrusion detection systems, including state-of-the-art sensors, control panels, communicators and more.
Are you passionate about engineering management, mentoring, creating opportunities and providing training to support your associate’s success? Would you like to work for a company that is innovative and creative?
The Engineering Manager reports to the Director of Engineering. You will lead an engineering team, providing strategic direction within an organization focused on the development, test and manufacturing of high quality intrusion control panel products, sensors, services and peripheral devices for the electronic security industry.
- Driving a culture of accountability and continuous improvement; you will guide the performance of your team by communicating clear organizational goals, and providing ongoing feedback.
- Overseeing and mentoring a team day to day to reach their delivery and learning goals.
- Lead multiple cross-functional product development teams, focused on developing intrusion systems, services and technologies as part of integrated security solutions for commercial buildings (IoT systems).
- Products and technologies may include; edge devices, networking devices, controllers, IP and cellular communicators, cloud infrastructure, microservices, user interfaces, remote programming utilities and central station receivers.
- Provide direction in regards to design for quality, cost efficiency, performance, usability and manufacturability based on Bosch engineering processes and quality standards.
- Responsible for developing products and technologies compliant to; legal, regulatory, industry standards, data security, data privacy and other global standards. Maintain working relationships with regulatory labs and agencies.
- Drive your engineering team to utilize teamwork and collaboration skills with product managers, project managers, key stakeholders, architects and UX designers to define requirements, solutions and risk mitigation plans for project delivery.
- Perceptive understanding of the ‘big picture’ to better support your team when prioritizing competing obligations.
- Create partnerships with international engineering and product management teams.
- Communicate technical ideas, solutions and project progress to executive management.
- Passion in fostering a diverse work culture that encourages individual decision-making and innovation.
- Recruitment and retention of technical talent.
Travel Expectation: Occasional domestic and international travel and ability to work across global time zones.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering program.
- 4+ years of leadership and management experience in an Engineering field.
- 2+ years of experience working with regulatory labs and notified bodies, in a product development environment.
- 1+ years of experience working with international teams.
- Experience developing: electronic / embedded software / web services / mobile products.
- Experience in managing multi-functional teams.
- Knowledge of:
- Security System Products
- FCC, CE, UL, EN, data security, data privacy and other standards
- Quality principles and tools such as QFD, Pugh, FMEA, and DFMA
- Cloud infrastructure including Microsoft Azure, microservices, and Splunk
- TLS, IPsec, SSL VPN
- Advocacy of the benefits of CI/CD and fostering a DevOps culture across the engineering organization.
- High performance and self-sufficiency in an agile environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are essential.
- Work collaboratively in an organized and structured fashion.
- Takes ownership and self-accountability to team goals.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)