Chief Security Officer at Bosch IoT Start-up
- Sendlinger Str. 7, 80331 München, Germany
- Legal Entity: Security and Safety Things GmbH
The Security and Safety Things GmbH, located in Munich, is the IoT start-up fully funded by Bosch. We are engineers at heart and pioneers by design. We are leading the change in the security technology space by building an open IoT platform and ecosystem. Our team benefits from a state-of-the-art Tech Stack, an inspiring working environment with a lot of creative freedom, and additionally from our worldwide network, inside and outside of the Bosch-group.
The Security and Safety Things GmbH is looking forward to your application!
As a Chief Security Officer (either at our Munich or Eindhoven office), you are responsible for cyber security, security operations, data protection, identity and access management and the physical security and safety of our people, facilities and assets.
This includes the following tasks:
- Shape security and data privacy related processes in an agile development landscape and have End to End responsibility for our overall security architecture
- Directly report to our CEO
- Actively engage engineers, Product Owners, and Product Managers and employees on security awareness
- Provide guidance in order to ensure a consistent high level of security to our worldwide locations (currently Munich, Eindhoven and Pittsburgh) and to our partners all over the world which will also require a reasonable amount of traveling
- Establish and evaluate (ongoing) a security conscious culture including security goals and drive security measures as necessary
- Coach the organization on Cyber Security (technical, architectural, procedures, regulatory, compliance, etc.)
- Organize security test & validation tests/assessments (e.g. penetration tests)
- Assess the impact of vulnerabilities and security incidents and develop remedies to address these issues
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain security processes, practices, and policies throughout the organization to reduce risks
- Stay current and alert, and be our key knowledge resource regarding internal and external cyber security and data protection topic
- Head Security Incident Response Team and organize external Conformity Assessments
- Maintain network of internal and external security experts
- Personality: You are passionate about technology and excited about the impact of disruptive technologies. You are enthusiastic about the field of computer security, but are aware of the necessity for tradeoffs. You are able to quickly familiarize yourself with different technologies and their security properties.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience working in computer security / cybersecurity and familiarity with relevant data protection legislation.
- Know-How: Broad knowledge of, and experience with current Cybersecurity topics. The ability to solidly, document and defend security decisions and comfortable leading security related workgroups.
- Languages: Excellent English skills
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Informatics, Computer Science, or similar
We want you here for the long haul, so your career goals are important to us. You will:
- Join a great and international team — Work with international colleagues (we have more than 25 nationalities) and enjoy our great team culture inside and outside work
- Have impact - Join a venture at an early stage and play a key part in revolutionizing and digitizing the security industry
- Get the best out of both worlds - Enjoy the benefits of an dynamic start up environment and the security and expertise of a corporate company
- Everyone matters - Get things moving quickly and take your own decisions within a fast-paced company culture - we live agile and flat hierarchies
- Feel comfortable - We offer a comfortable working space, diverse employee discounts and free drinks as well as home office opportunities
- Be yourself - Work in an open culture where everyone can be themselves and can come to work in a casual dress code
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
Last but not least: Munich is regularly voted the city with the highest quality of living — and our office is right in the center of it all.
Contact HR Department