- Birdhall Lane, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
For more than 125 years, Bosch has been giving people all over the world the chance to take an active role in helping shape the future in one of the world's largest technology and research companies.
The Automotive Aftermarket sector of our business is responsible for the worldwide aftermarket business and services. In more than 140 countries, we offer spare parts, technical information and training, as well as diagnostic hardware, software and services for analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
As a DevOps Engineer, you are required to work as a member of the Operations team designing and delivering highly available software systems running on cloud infrastructure for Bosch Automotive Service Solutions customers.
- Specification and Development of the AWS cloud server infrastructure for the Bosch Automotive online platforms.
- Maintenance of systems and services that support multiple software development teams.
- Responsible for the implementation of the security and privacy features of the deployed systems.
- Design, deployment and maintenance of continuous integration systems
- A key contributor to the operational integrity and reliability of the deployed systems through the leadership of the operational support team providing a 24/7 service.
- Knowledge sharing through the establishment of proven best practice.
- Ongoing maintenance including patching and upgrading of developer services.
- Design and implementation of new services as required by the development teams.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience of working with an AWS Cloud-based infrastructure deployment
- Experience in architecture, estimating costs and solutions built on cloud-based infrastructure.
- Excellent Verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code technologies (e.g. Terraform, Packer, Ansible)
- Experience of working with monitoring tools (e.g. PagerDuty, Nagios)
- Strong technical and analytical skills combined with dependable process compliance.
- Experience of customer service within an IT support background.
- Dedication to high quality on-time delivery.
- Experience developing systems compliant to IT compliance and security standards (e.g. ISO27001)
- Ideally, you will have Solution Architect certification in AWS or be working towards this
- Experience of working within a Scrum process
- It would be an advantage to be fluent in a Second Language (French, Japanese, or German)
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and building efficient pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab)
- Knowledge/understanding of containerized applications (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Fargate)
This role is based on-site at the Stockport offices on a permanent basis.
Our competitive benefits include:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme.
- Flexible work-time options.
- 25 days holiday per annum not including bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities.
- Urban infrastructures, free on-site parking and access to local public transport.
- Room for creativity with many opportunities for personal and professional development.