Field Service Technician
- 10 Pennant St, Cardiff NSW 2285, Australia
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Pty. Ltd.
As part of the Fortune 500 Bosch Group and one of the world’s leading suppliers of drive and control technologies, Bosch Rexroth ensures efficient, powerful and safe movement in machines and systems of any size. The company bundles global application experience in the market segments of Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation.
It enables fully connected applications with intelligent components, tailored system solutions, and services. Bosch Rexroth offers its customers hydraulics, electric drives and controls, gear technology, linear motion, assembly technology, power units and systems to all facets of the mining and industrial sectors including software and interfaces to the Internet of Things.
Headquarters based in the North-West of Sydney with branch offices in other states around Australia, we are looking an energetic and team orientated Field Service Technician, with a main responsibility of servicing, fault-finding and breakdown requests to join our Bosch Rexroth group in Newcastle Branch, NSW.
- Serves existing accounts by analysing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests and resolving problems.Prepares and plans all service works.
- Provides service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Maintains and develops customer relationships by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, recommending system improvements and maintaining customer confidentiality..
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records. Informs Service Manager when the job is ready to be invoiced..
- Explores sales possibilities with customers utilizing their scope of specialty and by utilizing cross departmental specialists..
- Investigates complaints regarding installed equipment. Working with engineering, sales and/or other units to resolve these complaints until the customers is satisfied.
- Prepare service quotations and follows up the quotation with the customer. Ensures a job is opened in SAP once a Purchase Order Number is received.
- Notify the Service Manager of any equipment that has been brought back to the workshop for strip and assessment, overhaul etc..
- Accurate completion of service documentation including having Service Reports signed by the customer or the customers authorized representative.
- Ensures all site documentation including inductions, licences and training is up to date.
- Monthly checking of vehicle equipment lists and reordering of equipment as required.
- Be well presented at all times while representing Bosch Rexroth while undertaking external service work.
- Fosters efficient and effective management in his scope, enhances quality management and observes the health, safety and environment regulations.
- Perform other duties as directed from time to time to meet Bosch Rexroth’s business and operational requirements.
- Hydraulic fitter trade or equivalent
- 5 years field service or hydraulic system experience
- Competent level of hydraulic knowledge
- High focus on Quality and attention to detail
- Dynamic performer and achiever
- Planning and organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
The benefits of working at Bosch:
We recognise that our employees are our greatest asset. Through the diversity of our business and commitment to personal and career development, we can provide you a new and exciting opportunity so you can achieve your full potential.
We offer our employees:
- Excellent hourly rate, benefits and overtime pay – Permanent position.
- Company Tool of Trade vehicle.
- Company laptop, and mobile phone.
- Exciting, challenging and rewarding position with a market leading company.
- Excellent working conditions.
- Good team environment with a strong company culture and values.
If this is the challenge, you are looking for then apply now.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident, to apply for this role.