Automated Driving Engineering Intern (Localization)
- 309 N Pastoria Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
Bosch is currently developing many technologies in the realm of fully automated driving, and plan to bring fully automated (SAE Level 4) and driverless (SAE Level 5) driving to urban roads within this decade. The objective is to develop software and algorithms for an autonomous driving system in order to improve the flow of traffic in cities, enhance safety on the road and provide an important building block for the way traffic will work in the future.
The candidate will research and develop state-of-the-art localization methods and perform experiments to demonstate their efficacy. The candidate will be required to read and disseminate information from research papers, implement software algorithms in a real-time fashion, and communite findings in both oral presentations and written, technical reports.
- Pursuing Master’s Degree or higher in Robotics or Computer Vision topics.
- Proficiency with C++ and modern language features.
- Experience developing real-time SLAM and/or Localization systems (Robotics, AR/VR, etc)
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- In addition to the required qualifications, experience in the following topics is desirable: Python, SLAM, Visual Odometry, State Estimation, Nonlinear Optimization Methods, Machine Learning.
Experience working on robotics competitions, or other experience implementing algorithms on physical hardware, along side other systems (planner, trajectory, etc).
Experience with factor graph or other optimization libraries (Ceres, gtsam, g2o, etc).
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)