Electrical Engineer - Embedded Systems
- 1706 Hempstead Rd, Lancaster, PA 17601, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
Lancaster, PA is the state-of-the-art design center for Bosch moving cameras. These cameras pan, tilt and zoom to help users locate, track and zoom in on objects of interest. Bosch constantly pushes the boundaries of video surveillance technology to develop intelligent solutions that go beyond the highest security demands of today and deliver clear business advantages beyond security. Our intelligent camera portfolio is built around our areas of expertise: delivering the highest quality of relevant images, the most efficient bitrates with the lowest storage requirements and network strain, and keeping video data secure.
This job is not easy but it is exciting. It will give you experience in innovative technologies and an opportunity to work with some of the best people in the industry. If it sounds like what you are looking for, we want to talk with you.
Responsible for completing electrical engineering tasks critical to new product development and maintenance of our existing products. This individual contributor role will be a key participant in the Product Realization Process and a technical leader within the Electrical Engineering team.
- Development of advanced designs for high-speed digital circuits, power supplies, and analog circuitry.
- Development of microprocessor based embedded systems.
- Support development of Ethernet based video products.
- Support development of motor control systems for moving cameras.
- Develop hardware prototypes and analytical digital and analog simulations for design concept validation.
- Assist project and product managers in development and maintenance of project schedule and scope as well as system requirements
- Provide guidance and assistance to hardware test group during approbation and validation testing.
- Support quality initiatives to improve product performance and reliability through peer deign reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and DFMAs
- Provide engineering support to resolve customer complaints and production product issues.
- Support BOM creation and release of product documentation.
- Coordinate tasks and provide guidance for technologists
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in the field of electrical engineering
- 5+ years of embedded system design experience
- 5+ years of experience developing circuit block diagrams, schematics and high-speed (>100MHz) PCB layouts optimized for EMC performance·
- Master’s Degree is highly desired
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, cross-functional teams
- Experience with providing technical leadership and guidance / project delegation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Embedded system security and networking experience
- Experience with UL & CE safety agency approvals
- Experience with VHDL, Xilinx or Altera FPGA's, High Speed Memory Interfaces (DDR2/3, QDR), High Speed Serial Interfaces (HDMI, MIPI, Camera Link, LVDS, HD-SDI), DSP Functions such as: Filtering, Control Loops, Ethernet MAC, and Complex Algorithm Implementation
- Functional knowledge of LINUX or ANDROID
- Experience digital video and some analog video
- Experience with EN-50130-4 EMC standard for alarm systems including radiated immunity, conducted immunity, ESD, burst and surge, as well as FCC and EN 55032 radiated emissions and conducted emissions
- Experience with High Speed Digital Design including PCB transmission line signal integrity simulations using IBIS models and power integrity / power distribution subsystem simulations
- Experience with solving EMC emissions and immunity problems
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Relocation is available for the right candidate!
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)