- 1555 Centre Rd, Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
Bosch is one of the world's leading innovation and technology companies who is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team that will develop the next generation of products for the Automotive, Agriculture, Energy and Mobility sectors. We connect the World to the Internet of Things (IoT) and use big data to improve things like the energy utilization of vehicles, to the efficient production of food. If you are motivated, innovative and excited about working with some of the world's leading technology, then a career with Bosch is for you.
Globally we employ over 410,000 people and are present in over 165 countries across the globe.
Our global activities cover a diverse range of product groups including
- Energy and Mobility sectors
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Power tools
- Household appliances
- Automotive technology
- Commercial and domestic hot water & heating solutions
Our Diodes Manufacturing department is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic IT Student to join our Manufacturing Operations (OPS) team on a casual basis, commencing in November 2020.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will gain invaluable experience and knowledge as part of our Manufacturing team and will be provided with training to help you succeed in your role.
Some of the tasks that you will undertake with us include:
- Development of local websites, applications and middleware solutions
- Support department digital business initiatives such as IoT and Industry 4.0
- Support Diodes Operations Group
- Cooperate and communicate with members of different groups of diode development, manufacturing and plant supporting functions
- Gain knowledge and experience in different stages and processes of diode manufacturing including wafer fabrication, assembly, plating, electrical and reliability testing
We are looking for a candidate that can demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines, work within a team and independently, have excellent organisational and communications skills.
You should be able to further demonstrate an interest and skill in the following:
- Currently studying a Bachelor of IT or Computer Science, or a similar degree
- An understanding of Git
- Understanding and skills in SQL Database and Business Intelligence software
- Knowledge of web development and unit testing
- Proficient in MS Office (in particular Excel and Access)
- Basic knowledge of the manufacturing industry would be advantageous
As a values based organisation, we foster and engage a high-performing culture, and value and promote a diverse workforce, supporting equal opportunities for all of our employees. Bosch provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and develop skills while working in a professional environment of a large, progressive multinational organisation, championing quality and innovation.
As an employer, we offer you:
- Excellent training and development opportunities to complement your tertiary studies
- Attractive remuneration and conditions
- A staff discount on company products
- Access to a range of staff benefits including the Employee Volunteering Program
- On site car parking and canteen facilities
- Access to an internal network of Bosch employees globally
Applying for this vacancy
If this role interests you and you are excited to work with Bosch, send in your application and include your Cover Letter, Resume and Academic Transcript in one single document (PDF or Word) outlining how you meet the requirements of the position.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or hold appropriate Australian work rights to apply for this role.