Signal Processing Engineer, Engineering Center Cluj
- Strada Constanța, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch S.R.L.
Bosch Engineering Center Cluj was founded as an integral part of the Bosch worldwide engineering network in 2013. The Center is located partly in the heart of Cluj-Napoca and partly in Jucu. Our engineers give great importance to continuous innovation and they work on state-of-the-art technology projects. Automated Driving, Electric and Connected Mobility, Internet of Things, Industry 4.0. are just a few examples from the Bosch Engineering Center Cluj’s current portfolio. We work in close collaboration with other Bosch R&D Centers and with Bosch Plant Cluj. We specialize in software engineering, hardware and mechanical engineering, reliability engineering & quality validation, but also in mobility sales planning, thus, we offer our internal and external clients a complex range of products and services.
- Our solutions and systems are designed for smartphone applications, tablets, video game consoles, wearables, and the Internet of things;
- We develop sensor calibrations, use cases like tap detection, gesture recognition and libraries for virtual reality, dead reckoning and other high-end applications;
- You will develop digital signal processing algorithms for calibration, fusion and interpretation of sensor signals using Matlab and enhanced techniques like Kalman and particle filters;
- We expect you to explain and discuss your ideas and results. You should foster new paths to solve technical challenges;
- Degree (M.Sc./Dipl.) or PhD in electrical engineering or similar technology related programs.
- At least 3 years of professional experience, or a PhD in signal processing.
- Proven experience in the development of sensor fusion algorithms, filtering and calibration;
- You are an expert in algorithm verification / validation methods and tools;
- Proficient in Matlab, C, fixed-point arithmetic and inertial sensors desirable;
- Knowledge of testing principles (Test-Driven-Development) and experience with unit and automated tests and code complexity checks in tools like JUnit, Sonarqube or similar;
- Motivation and commitment to get involved, learn and contribute to the development of leading edge technologies in collaboration with a global network of experts;
- Good communication, strong analytical skills, team oriented, initiative, perseverance and attention to details;
- Self-organized and able to estimate, prioritize and schedule own tasks;
- Target and quality orientation;
- Fluent in English; German can be an advantage;
Advantages if you have:
- Experience with embedded firmware development, C language;
- Programming experience with Python;
- Experience with version control systems like GitLab, GitHub, and Bitbucket;
- Experience of continuous Integration and Delivery tools like Jenkins;
- Experience with activity recognition, motion detection, pattern recognition techniques;
- 25 days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work 5 days per month from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
- Lunch discounts and daily subsidies at our canteen/restaurant;
- Private medical insurance, because your health is a priority to us;
- Flexible benefits - On top of your salary, we offer you a monthly budget via your benefit account, which can be used for several different services;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Internal development Trainings - we have local development programs for Project Managers, Line Managers and Experts;
- Inspiring working conditions.