Senior Data Engineer for AI Enabling
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI in Europe and the world. The Enabling team is one part of the BCAI with the mission to enable all of Bosch to apply AI and achieve its full potential in a data-driven IoT company. We are developing and offering multiple expert programs for our Company and building an active community of experts and enthusiasts inside Bosch.
- Help shape the future: You develop good practice for data engineering and train others.
- Create something new: You define the data strategy for different business case contexts.
- Reliable implementation: You mentor Bosch members designing and implementing of fault-tolerant data pipelines to integrate large amounts of data from many diverse storage systems.
- Take responsibility: You design and conduct an expert course and mentor highly-skilled Bosch members during their learning journey.
- Think holistically: You work together with teams that have a significant impact on Bosch global business.
- Experience cooperation: You share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to managers and key decision makers.
- Structured observation: You stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Observe, and think ahead: You promote a culture of self-serve data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding.
We hope that you feel like you are up to the challenge and would like to welcome you as part of our young and vibrant team as soon as possible.
- Education: Excellent degree (PhD/Master) in computer science, natural science, engineering or related discipline
- Personality: Profound communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and motivating attitude, intrinsically motivated to learn new concepts
- Experience and Knowledge: Experience in teaching complex content (e.g. tutorials), minimum 3 years of in-depth knowledge and working experience with software development (minimum 3 programming languages e.g. Scala, C++, Python) and Big Data systems (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Kafka), experience with integration of data from multiple data sources and with various messaging systems, general understanding of machine learning methods and strong understanding in tuning and performance optimization of Big Data applications
- Languages: Fluent in English and German (written and spoken)
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates, link to GitHub Respository or code sample).
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Martin Thomas (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 33643