Materials Engineering Student
- 1555 Centre Rd, Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
Bosch is one of the world's leading innovation and technology companies who is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team that will develop the next generation of products for the Automotive, Agriculture, Energy and Mobility sectors. We connect the World to the Internet of Things (IoT) and use big data to improve things like the energy utilization of vehicles, to the efficient production of food. If you are motivated, innovative and excited about working with some of the world's leading technology, then a career with Bosch is for you.
Globally we employ over 410,000 people and are present in over 165 countries across the globe.
Our regional activities cover a diverse range of product groups including:
- Automotive Electronics
- Power tools
- Household appliances
- Automotive technology
- Automotive aftermarket parts and components
- Hot water & heating solutions
- Security systems
- Drive and control technology
- Software solutions
Our Automotive Electronics team is seeking a pro-active and highly motivated Materials Engineering Student to join our Engineering team full-time for 12 months commencing in December 2020.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Specific tasks you will undertake while working with us are:
- Perform visual inspections for the production and quality department in accordance with standards
- Perform material testing for design and production validation testing using appropriate methods and instrumentation
- Write and release test reports, reporting any quality problems identified during the test
- Assist the team in reviewing and publishing of guidelines, work instructions and test specifications
- Assist laboratory engineer in preparation of samples for testing
- Ensure operation in the material lab is in accordance to the lab manual
- Regular participation in teleconferences with either customer or internal development partners expected, due to our geographical location
You will find opportunities to develop your expertise and broaden your tertiary studies. A strong support network will smooth your entry into working life: a supervisor and professional engineers will be there to help you succeed.
You will be meticulous to detail, have the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines, work well with teams and have excellent organisational and communications skills.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Currently undertaking a Chemistry or Materials Engineering degree or similar
- Demonstrate a good understanding of analytical chemistry methods, including instrumentation (FTIR, SEM, XRF, DSC) and wet chemical methods
- Understanding of statistical methods and analysis
- Exhibit a passion for self-drive, pro-activeness, accountability and excellence
- Demonstrate good written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with working within a cross functional team environment is highly regarded
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Be legally entitled to work full time (38 hours per week) in Australia
What Bosch Can Offer You
As a values based organisation, we foster and engage a high-performing culture, and value and promote a diverse workforce, supporting equal opportunities for all of our employees. Bosch provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and develop skills while working in a professional environment of a large, progressive multinational organisation, championing quality and innovation.
As an employer, we offer you:
- Excellent training and development opportunities to complement your tertiary studies
- Attractive remuneration and conditions
- A staff discount on company products
- Access to a range of staff benefits including the Employee Volunteering Program
- On site car parking and canteen facilities
- Access to an internal network of Bosch employees globally
Applying for this vacancy
If this role interests you and you either already demonstrate or are passionate about developing these skills, send in your application and combine your Cover Letter, Resume and Academic Transcript in one single document (PDF or Word).
You must be currently undertaking undergraduate studies to be eligible for this position.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or hold appropriate Australian work rights to apply for this role.