Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Student Spring 2021
- 15 Spiral Dr, Florence, KY 41042, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 402,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2017). The company generated sales of $88.2 billion in 2017. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology.
As part of the Mobilitity Solutions division, the Florence KY plant is one of the world's leading automotive steering supplier locations. Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC is growing in the market and continues to innovate and develop new products to meet customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include but not limited to the following.
- Process documentation updates (operator instructions, guides, forms, etc.)
- Perform process and gage capability studies
- OEE and line utilization studies
- Support Engineers in trouble-shooting specific problem areas
- Communicate and work effectively through specific task assignment
- Analysis and decision making responsibility for specific problems or topics
- Improvement proposals and execution of such as supported by analysis
- PFMEA documentation updates
- SPC overview responsibilities
- Asset and capacity studies
- Support product release process (sample builds, PPAP, etc.)
- Change management projects
Education and/or Experience:
Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a 4 year university and be actively enrolled for the duration of your co-op.
- Ability to rotate back at least every other term for at least 3 rotations preferred
- Problem Solving
- Strong analytical and intellectual skills
- Competent use of systematic problem solving tools
- Communication Skills
- Effectively communicate with different levels of associates and cultures
- Ability to work with workshop personnel
- Self-starting, results oriented, flexible, team player
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Meet deadlines on assigned tasks, utilize project timeline tools, effectively communicate goals and results
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.