Group Leader for Software Development (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers that create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes, cities and vehicles more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
The AA division with more than 18,000 associates in 150 countries has a global logistics network that ensures that some 650,000 different aftermarket products and solutions reach customers quickly and on time. In addition, the division is responsible for the “Bosch Car Service” workshop concept, one of the world’s largest independent chains of workshop concepts, with 16,500 workshops.
In its “Automotive Service Solutions” sector, AA supplies modern vehicle diagnostic software, testing and repair-shop technology, service trainings, and information services that are being developed in interdisciplinary teams with agile methods. The divisions’ success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how, creating tailor-made solutions to address the service needs of new-generation, electronically controlled vehicles and connected vehicle solutions.
Your contribution to something big
- Shape the future: you will lead a software team with 8 embedded and 3 application software engineers. The team develops software for car workshop diagnostic systems including calibration systems for assisted/autonomous driving sensors, fuel injector test benches and emission testers;
- Create new things: tailor custom oriented solutions based on an existing platform together with international engineering teams located in Germany and the US;
- Creativity and leeway: shape your team and adopt new technologies to be fit for future challenges;
- Take responsibility: lead your team in a globally connected engineering organization;
- Implement reliably: the output of the team will be used in many customer products and released regularly to professional vehicle workshops around the world;
- Holistic thinking: balance Bosch strategies, premises, values and customer requirements;
- Live cooperation: you and your team will work closely together with other Bosch development teams and automotive customers.
What distinguishes you
- Personality: motivating, self organized, responsible and excellent communication skills;
- Working style: structured and analytic working style, customer oriented, entrepreneurial thinking, coaching ability;
- Know-how: experience with all aspects of the software development process (agile and traditional), budget and competence management including team development;
- Experience: at least 5 years professional experience in software development; several years of leadership experience;
- Languages: business fluent in English and Portuguese;
- Education: academic degree in Computer Science or Electronics.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!