Systems Engineering Students
- 1555 Centre Rd, Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
With a proud history dating back 133 years, the Bosch Group now employs more than 410,000 people across 165 countries. Bosch brings innovations that are “Invented for Life” in the fields of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. To this day, Bosch remains privately owned, with 92% held by a charitable trust. Bosch is a rather special company.
Our Automotive Electronics team is seeking 3x highly motivated and enthusiastic Systems Engineering Students to join our Engineering team full-time for 12 months commencing November 2020.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Specific tasks you will undertake while working with us are:
- Conduct investigations or tests and evaluate results and analyse data obtained
- Contribute to verification and validation activities, ensuring product designs comply with customer and internal specifications
- Ensure test equipment, component procurement for samples, production drawings and specifications are available in a timely fashion so as not to jeopardise project timing or quality
- Ensure that all documentation required to support a product’s introduction into production is available as required
- Contribute to improving product designs to reduce costs, improve quality & reliability, and increase productivity
- Proactively search for potential risks, investigate solutions to mitigate those risks and escalate where applicable in the early stages
You will find opportunities to develop your expertise and broaden your tertiary studies. A strong support network will smooth your entry into working life: a supervisor and professional engineers will be there to help you succeed.
You will be meticulous to detail, have the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines, work well with teams and have excellent organisational and communications skills.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in an Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering degree or similar
- Demonstrate ability in requirement engineering and cascading requirements to other areas
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and understand methodologies (PSS, 8D)
- Have experience in collaborating with cross discipline teams
- Have the ability to work effectively with the customer, eliciting requirements and concept development
- Have an understanding in architecture design
- Demonstrate good understanding of Product Life Cycle (PLC) and Defect management lifecycle
- Have knowledge with product features
- Be legally entitled to work full time (38 hours per week) in Australia
What Bosch Can Offer You
As a values based organisation, we foster and engage a high-performing culture, and value and promote a diverse workforce, supporting equal opportunities for all of our employees. Bosch provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and develop skills while working in a professional environment of a large, progressive multinational organisation, championing quality and innovation.
As an employer, we offer you:
- Excellent training and development opportunities to complement your tertiary studies
- Attractive remuneration and conditions
- A staff discount on company products
- Access to a range of staff benefits including the Employee Volunteering Program
- On site car parking and canteen facilities
- Access to an internal network of Bosch employees globally
How To Apply
If you have some or all of these skills and are excited to work within the Automotive Electronics division, send in your application outlining how you meet the requirements of the position. Please include a Cover Letter, Resume and Academic Transcript.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or hold appropriate Australian work rights to apply for this role. You need to be enrolled in your undergraduate degree for the entirety of the role.