[R&D] Product Development Engineer
- Floor 15, 33 Le Duan, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Legal Entity: Bosch Vietnam Co., Ltd.
Bosch first started in Vietnam with a representative office in 1994 and since 2007 the company is represented by Robert Bosch (Vietnam) Co. Ltd. Bosch has its main office in Ho Chi Minh City, with branch offices in Hanoi and Da Nang, and a Powertrain Solutions plant in the Dong Nai province to manufacture pushbelts for continuously variable transmissions (CVT) in automobiles.
In addition, Bosch operates a software and engineering R&D center (Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Vietnam Co., Ltd), as well as an automotive R&D center for mobility solutions in Ho Chi Minh City. In fiscal 2017, Bosch recorded consolidated sales of about USD 144 million (122 million euros) in Vietnam, achieving a year-on-year growth of more than 20 percent. As of 31 December 2018, Bosch employed roughly 4,000 associates in Vietnam. Bosch has diversified businesses in Vietnam including Automotive Aftermarket, Automotive Electronics, Drive and Control Technology, Power Tools, and Building Technologies.
In July 2014, Bosch Automotive R&D Center was set up, locating in Ho Chi Minh City. The continuous growth of this center is in line with Bosch’s strategy in Vietnam to become a preferred partner in R&D in ASEAN region. There are 05 groups at R&D Center now: Push Belt (CT), Electric Connectors (AM), Fuel Supply Module and Diagnosis Module Tank Leakage (FS), Engineering Simulation Service (ESI), Product Development Code (PDC).
For more information, please access :
1. Derive the cause-effect relation of product characteristics, by participation in developing: measurement methods, design of experiments, analysis of test results, and design for reliability.
2. Document the development by applying the PE methods, but not limited to, DFMEA, DRBFM, ECR, etc.
3. Support to derive the new features of product, or engineering solutions; and ensure its feasibility by taking into account customer's requirements and specifications, material, manufacturing, and economical aspects.
4. Create the own design/development schedule, execute and monitor its progress in the frame of the project's/work packages timeline. Support to communicate with internal partners (e.g. project team) to make sure the design on time, on specs.
- Bachelor or above in engineering fields (mechanical engineering, automobile, mechatronics, aeronautics, computational mechanics, engineering mechanics...)
- Good background about mechanical engineering, aeronautical engineering (fatigue, tribology, structural analysis, material strength, dynamics, etc.)
- Skillful use of simulation, and calculation tools like, Abaqus, Ansys, Matlab, Simulink, etc.
- Has knowledge the product engineering methods: FMEA, DFMA, DRBFM, DOE (Design Of Experiments), etc.
- Quick learner, willingness to take over responsibility.
- Competitive salary, bonuses and allowances
- Health insurance for employee and two relatives
- Career development in the Bosch group worldwide