PhD – Meta-Learning for Multi-Objective Bayesian Optimization
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Bayesian optimization (BO) is arguably one of the most proven and widely used black box optimization frameworks for expensive functions; applications within Bosch range from robotics, industrial processes, reinforcement learning to automated machine learning. In practical scenarios, BO is repeatedly used to solve variations of similar tasks. In these cases, the sample efficiency can be further increased by not starting the optimization from scratch but rather leverage meta-learning on previous runs to inform and accelerate the latest one.
At the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence, we are looking for a motivated PhD student to work with us on meta-learning for Bayesian optimization, including interesting scenarios such as multi-objective BO. During your PhD you will work closely with the active research team at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence and publish results at top-tier machine learning conferences. The PhD is focused only on research. However, by working with the team your research results can have direct real-world impact inside Bosch.
- Take part of the original research by developing novel meta-learning algorithms for multi-objective Bayesian optimization.
- Publications in top-tier journals as well as in conferences and supervision of master students are part of your remit.
- Furthermore, you collaborate with machine learning experts within the existing reinforcement learning and optimization research team at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence.
- Education: Excellent master degree in machine learning, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related fields
- Personality and Working Practice: Good communication skills to enable successful cooperations with our interdisciplinary team
- Experience and Knowledge: Proven programming skills, preferably in Python and experience with pytorch/tensorflow is a plus
- Languages: Good in English (written and spoken)
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, motivation letter and certificates)
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in mobile working, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Felix Berkenkamp (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 44569