Software Engineer/Machine Learning Engineer
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Bosch is a world-class engineering and electronics company with over 200 plants and thousands of assembly lines world-wide. Our products impact hundreds of millions of people every day, many in safety critical systems. We rely on data for every aspect of our operations and we collect a lot of it.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI in Europe and the world. We are looking for talented software engineers to help building and improving tools, libraries infrastructure and services to enable and accelerate the next generation of research ideas and AI products. Improving our internal libraries and tools has a high impact on our research efficiency and on all future product and customer projects we develop.
- As a software engineer, your task is to improve the efficiency of researchers and internal projects by developing, scaling and operating crucial tooling and data science infrastructure.
- Your solutions will benefit multiple domains, from shaping the future of mobility to manufacturing and customer goods.
- You work together with teams that have a significant impact on Bosch global business. You look for the best way to improve the life of researchers and data scientists and bring your ideas to action quickly.
- As part of an agile team your ideas will be heard and impact the decision making process. With your DevOps attitude, you do not just create-and-forget, but you feel responsible for the full life cycle of your software artifacts, including logging, monitoring and metrics.
- You share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to managers and key decision makers. You support other developers in continuous integration/delivery process including test automation into systems like docker, kubernetes or other cloud native technologies.
- You stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Drive the release cycle of our internal tools, utilizing automation to ensure high quality code and accelerate the pace of development
- Education: Excellent degree (PhD or master) in computer science, natural science, engineering or comparable subject
- Personality and Working Practice: Open-minded person with profound communication skills, strong interpersonal skills who is intrinsically motivated to learn new concepts, willingness to contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle (DevOp)
- Experience and Knowledge: In-depth knowledge and several years of work experience in software development (programming languages, e.g. Python, C++) and in applying machine learning methods on real-world datasets, strong industry experience in automated deployment and orchestration (e.g. kubernetes), strong understanding of machine learning methods and machine learning production workflows, solid knowledge of security and compliance aspects of large software systems and experience in collaborative software design (git, code reviews)
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken), optionally German
Help us Boosting Bosch with AI.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. cover letter, curriculum vitae and certificates, link to GitHub Repository or code sample).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in mobile working, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Martin Thomas (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 33643