Software Engineer/Data Engineer
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Bosch is a world-class engineering and electronics company with over 200 plants and thousands of assembly lines world-wide. Our products affect hundreds of millions of people every day, many in safety critical systems. We rely on data for every aspect of our operations and we collect a lot of it.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI in Europe and the world. We are looking for talented software engineers to help building and improving tools, libraries infrastructure and services to enable and accelerate the next generation of research ideas and AI products. Improving our internal libraries and tools has a high impact on our research efficiency and on all future product and customer projects that we develop.
- As a software engineer, you improve the efficiency of researchers and internal projects by developing, scaling and operating crucial tooling and data engineering infrastructure.
- Your solutions will benefit multiple domains, from shaping the future of mobility to manufacturing and customer goods.
- You work together with teams having a significant impact on Bosch global business. Thanks to your experience, you will improve the life of researchers and data scientists and quickly realize your ideas.
- As part of an agile team your ideas will be heard and impact the decision making process. With your DevOps attitude, you do not just create-and-forget but you feel responsible for the full life cycle of your software artifacts, including logging, monitoring and metrics.
- You share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to managers and key decision makers. You support other developers in continuous integration/delivery process including test automation into systems like docker, kubernetes or other cloud native technologies.
- Always keeping an eye on currency with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Drive the release cycle of our internal tools, utilizing automation to ensure high quality code and accelerate the pace of development.
- Education: Excellent degree (PhD or master) in computer science, natural science, engineering or related subject
- Personality and Working Practice: Profound communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and motivating attitude, intrinsically motivated to learn new concepts, willingness to contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle (DevOp)
- Experience and Knowledge: Several years of depth knowledge and industry work experience in software development (programming languages e.g. golang, python, Scala) and data systems (e.g. (distributed) storage systems, messaging and streaming frameworks), strong industry experience with automated deployment and orchestration (e.g. kubernetes), solid knowledge of security and compliance aspects of large software systems, general understanding of machine learning methods as well as machine learning production workflows and experience in collaborative software design (git, code reviews)
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken), optionally German
Help us Boosting Bosch with AI.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. cover letter, curriculum vitae and certificates, link to GitHub repository or code sample).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in mobile working, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Martin Thomas (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 33643