[R&D] Product Development Engineer (Technical Project Lead)
- Floor 15, 33 Le Duan, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Legal Entity: Bosch Vietnam Co., Ltd.
Bosch first started in Vietnam with a representative office in 1994 and since 2007 the company is represented by Robert Bosch (Vietnam) Co. Ltd. Bosch has its main office in Ho Chi Minh City, with branch offices in Hanoi and Da Nang, and a Powertrain Solutions plant in the Dong Nai province to manufacture pushbelts for continuously variable transmissions (CVT) in automobiles.
In addition, Bosch operates a software and engineering R&D center (Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Vietnam Co., Ltd), as well as an automotive R&D center for mobility solutions in Ho Chi Minh City. In fiscal 2017, Bosch recorded consolidated sales of about USD 144 million (122 million euros) in Vietnam, achieving a year-on-year growth of more than 20 percent. As of 31 December 2018, Bosch employed roughly 4,000 associates in Vietnam. Bosch has diversified businesses in Vietnam including Automotive Aftermarket, Automotive Electronics, Drive and Control Technology, Power Tools, and Building Technologies.
In July 2014, Bosch Automotive R&D Center was set up, locating in Ho Chi Minh City. The continuous growth of this center is in line with Bosch’s strategy in Vietnam to become a preferred partner in R&D in ASEAN region. There are 05 groups at R&D Center now: Push Belt (CT), Electric Connectors (AM), Fuel Supply Module and Diagnosis Module Tank Leakage (FS), Engineering Simulation Service (ESI), Product Development Code (PDC).
For more information, please access :
- Type of project: product development project.
- Lead technical part in engineering project following Bosch internal development standards.
- Design and develop complex connector systems for ECUs and other highly stressed motor components.
- Manufacture specific design of plastic assemblies and elastomeric parts.
- Derive technical solutions out of requirements using existing product portfolio and initiate development of new product variants if needed
- Interface to Design, Simulation, Testing, Customer, Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality, Product Management and Controlling.
Link about product: Bosch Connectors
- University degree or above in the field of mechanical engineering with a minimum relevant working experience of 2-3 years. Preferable some experiences in the field of connector component and systems.
- Design know-how regarding plastic and elastomeric parts.
- Well structured and very goal-oriented method of operation.
- Cross-functional teamwork and communication.
- Independent and self disciplined.
- Good communication in English.
* A good next career step for experienced design engineer*
- Competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Professional engineering working environment
- Company with award in learning and development policy