Marketing Application Engineer - Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS)
- Home Office, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
The Bosch Security Systems sales organization is headquartered in Fairport, NY in the United States and serves as the primary site for research and development, engineering, quality and product management for intrusion detection systems, including state-of-the-art sensors, control panels, communicators and more.
This role can be located anywhere in the United States and will have reporting structure up to the Fairport, NY organization. The individual in this role will work from their home office and will travel up to 60% of the time.
In this position you are responsible for the day-to-day tasks managing the camera analytics solution configurations and data collection solutions enabling successful pilot projects in the Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) vertical. With a focus on Smart Corridors and Smart Intersections, you will be directly involved throughout the entire pilot project process beginning with end-user meetings to establish concepts, develop use cases, establish target goals, site visit and survey, installation planning for camera positioning, camera commissioning and final validation reporting success measurements. Your role in this position is key in determining the best path forward for a successful solution deployment and, hands on to make the pilot solution deployment a success. You will also be an integral member of the BT NAM ITS team regularly reporting and thoroughly documenting your findings, customer needs input, product gaps, improvement concepts, potential solution concepts, collaboration with partners and more to the team. The role is a key, hands-on position where you are expected to apply your video analytics knowledge, customer skills and camera expertise to making pilot deployments successful to prove out solution viability to enable scale and drive growth in the ITS vertical.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Trade show participation at larger ITS events
- Technical specialist for providing content to, and reviewing, ITS marketing materials and presentations
- Field or remote training of ITS dealers
- Consulting and knowledge sharing with ITS partners to develop integrated solutions
- Collecting and maintaining demo video content and other content for use in presentations and marketing materials
- Periodic training and updating of the sales team on the latest innovations, use cases and deployment examples for Bosch ITS
- This position requires travel across the US and Canada ~ 60% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience planning, deploying and commissioning video sensors in traffic applications (ITS)
- 2+ years of experience with video camera analytics including configuration and scripting
- 2+ years of experience specifying traffic cameras based on functionality, form factor and capability
- 2+ years of experience with site planning for best camera selection, installation positions and field of view
- 2+ years of experience with camera installation and setup configuration
- Hands on experience with installation and configuration of Bosch IP cameras for Intelligent Traffic applications
- Experience the ITS device and software ecosystem for corridors and intersections
- Experience with analytics configurations for data collection and dashboard solutions
- Experience with field installations and networking including narrowband wireless
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)