PhD – Machine Learning: Normalizing Flows
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Generative models, which support exact likelihood computation, are regarded as one of the key enabling technologies for many applications. Improving normalizing flow models for structured data is vital e.g. for outlier detection.
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) offers the perfect environment for PhD students to apply modern mathematical tools to machine learning problems and to make an impact in autonomous driving and industry 4.0.
- You actively develop and implement novel deep learning algorithms that are focused on outlier detection.
- Be part of the team and join our original research as well as collaborate with machine learning and optimization experts in Germany and the United States.
- You will help us with our publications in top-tier journals and at top-tier conferences.
- Furthermore, you lead technical discussions and create new ideas within the international research team at the BCAI and with external collaborators.
- Education: Excellent master degree in computer science, mathematics or physics
- Personality and Working Practice: Strong and highly motivated team player who has the ability to define personal research roadmap
- Experience and Knowledge: Broad knowledge of machine learning techniques, proven programming skills, in particular Python, experience in development and implementation of state-of-the-art DL technologies. Preferably, strong experience with deep learning frameworks Tensorflow or Pytorch and prior experience with normalizing flows would be very beneficial
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken)
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae and certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Christoph Straehle (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 12150