PhD – Robust Deep Learning
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Deep learning is regarded as one of the key enabling technologies for autonomous driving.
Analyzing existing algorithms with respect to their robustness is therefore vital for the development of reliable products.
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) offers the perfect environment for PhD students to apply modern mathematical tools to machine learning problems and thus,
going the next important step in making the human dream of autonomous driving a reality.
- Development and implementation of novel deep learning algorithms that are focused on provable robustness
- Original research, collaboration with machine learning and optimization experts in Germany and the United States
- Publications in top-tier journals and at top-tier conferences
- Technical discussions and creation of new ideas within the international research team at the BCAI and with external collaborators
- Education: Degree (Master of Science) in mathematics, computer science, physics, or related fields with excellent grades.
- Personality: Self-motivated, open-minded and inquisitive team player
- Working Practice: Independent, goal-oriented and logical thinking
- Experience and Knowledge: Profound knowledge of optimization with constraints as well as of machine learning, preferably deep learning, proven programming skills, preferably Python and experience with deep learning frameworks like PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Languages: Strong English skills for scientific discussions with our international experts
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae and certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Dr. Frank R. Schmidt (Business Department)
+49 711 811 33852