[R&D]_Mechanical Simulation Engineer
- Deutsches Haus, Floor 15, 33 Le Duan Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Legal Entity: Bosch Vietnam Co., Ltd.
Bosch first started in Vietnam with a representative office in 1994 and since 2007 the company is represented by Robert Bosch (Vietnam) Co. Ltd. Bosch has its main office in Ho Chi Minh City, with branch offices in Hanoi and Da Nang, and a Powertrain Solutions plant in the Dong Nai province to manufacture pushbelts for continuously variable transmissions (CVT) in automobiles. In addition, Bosch operates a software and engineering R&D center (Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Vietnam Co., Ltd). As of 31 December 2018, Bosch employed roughly 4,000 associates in Vietnam.
In July 2014, Bosch Automotive R&D Center was set up, locating in Ho Chi Minh City. The continuous growth of this center is in line with Bosch’s strategy in Vietnam to become a preferred partner in R&D in ASEAN region. There are 05 groups at R&D Center now: Push Belt (CT), Electric Connectors (AM), Fuel Supply Module and Diagnosis Module Tank Leakage (FS), Engineering Virtualization Service (EVI), Product Development Code (PDC).
For more information, please access :
1. Derive the cause-effect relation of product characteristics by building and using simulation models and evaluating measurements.
2. Support to define new product features and test benches and ensure their feasibility with respect to specifications, material, manufacturing and economical aspects.
3. Improve internal simulation tools and update modelling guidelines.
4. Document the simulation result and impact on development process in report or modelling guidelines.
5. Divide own projects into work packages and give a prognosis for on spec, on time and on budget. Communicate current status to project team.
- Bachelor or above in mechanical-related engineering fields (machinery, automotive, mechatronics, aeronautics, engineering mechanics, computational engineer...).
- Skillful use of 3D simulation tools like Abaqus, Ansys, etc. and ability to use Python or Matlab for scripting and data analysis.
- Strong background in engineering focusing on structural mechanics or dynamics, acoustics, fatigue, material strength, tribology etc.
- Able to connect to experts in Germany and extract the relevant know-how for current tasks.
- Able to gain the product specific know how of different products on a short time scale.
- Independent, well-structured and goal-oriented way of working.
- Precise communication, ability to retrieve or assume missing information.
- Ability to understand the simulation need of a customer being far away.
- Knowledge about Optimization, DOE (Design Of Experiments), Statistical distribution, etc.
- Basic knowledge about product development processes and methods.
Competitive salary, bonuses and allowances
Professional engineering working environment
Company with award in learning and development policy