PhD - Embedding Hardware Primitives into Deep Learning
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Deep neural networks are the method of choice for many real-world applications, but their resource-efficient execution in both embedded devices and data centers remains a challenge. The goal of this PhD position at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) is to develop innovative approaches to improve the power-efficiency of deep neural networks including:
- Be part of original research on new computational primitives and compression methods towards energy-efficient deep neural networks, in addition, collaborations, technical discussions and creation of new ideas with deep learning and hardware experts at Bosch Corporate Research.
- You develop and implement network architectures and training algorithms.
- Moreover, you supervise master students and publish in top-tier journals.
- Education: Excellent degree (Master) in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or related fields with excellent grades
- Personality and Working Practice: Strong team player and ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience and Knowledge: Profound knowledge of Machine Learning, preferably Deep Learning, basic knowledge about computer software and hardware. Proven programming skills, preferably Python and/or C++
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken)
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae and certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Thomas Pfeil (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 48224