PhD - Combined Reasoning and Learning Approaches
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
- Create something new: One important task at Bosch is building a knowledge graph that can support knowledge-driven applications across the company, and serve as a bridge between physical and digital models. In this project we propose to focus on the development of techniques and methodologies that combine the logical and machine learning paradigms and apply them for knowledge graph completion, cleaning, curation and reasoning.
- Help shape the future: You will be affiliated with the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (https://www.bosch-ai.com).
- Use your creativity and freedom: Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
- Education: Excellent master degree in computer science (or related field)
- Personality: Good communication and presentation skills, team player, self-motivated, inter-cultural and cross-domain proficiency
- Working Practice: Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Experience and Knowledge: Profound experience in knowledge representation and reasoning, in particular (inductive) logic programming, description logic ontologies, also experience with knowledge engineering. Experience in machine learning, respective state-of-the-art toolkits and in writing scientific publications is a plus
- Qualifications: Proven programming skills, e.g., Python/Java/C++
- Languages: Fluent in English written and spoken, and academic writing skills
The final PhD topic is subject to your university advisor. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (curriculum vitae, certificates, transcripts, statement of interest, reference letters).
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Trung Kien Tran (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 29052
Daria Stepanova (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 91016