PhD - Novel building blocks for Image Representations in Deep Learning
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Deep neural networks are considered a key enabling technology to leverage high-dimensional input data, e.g. from vision sensors, in real-world applications such as autonomous driving. Expert knowledge about the data generating process and its essential factors plays an important role in the construction of robust, efficient and interpretable neural architectures.
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) offers the perfect environment for PhD students to design novel neural architectures guided by modern understanding of the visual domain and thus going the next important step in making real-world application of AI a reality.
- You develope and implement novel deep learning building blocks (layers) derived from fundamental prior domain knowledge.
- Original research, collaboration with machine learning and computer vision experts in Germany and the United States.
- Furthermore, you publish in top-tier journals and at top-tier conferences.
- Technical discussions and creation of new ideas within the international research team at the BCAI and with external collaborators.
- Education: degree (Master of Science) in mathematics, computer science, physics or related fields with excellent grades
- Personality: self-motivated, open-minded and inquisitive team player
- Working Practice: independent, goal-oriented and logical thinking
- Experience and Knowledge: Profound knowledge of machine learning, preferably deep learning and neural architectures, proven programming skills, preferably Python and experience with deep learning frameworks like PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken) for scientific discussions with our international experts
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates and motivation letter).
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Volker Fischer (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 35994