Manager of Business Development ("SBV"), Traffic
- 130 Perinton Pkwy, Fairport, NY 14450, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
Fairport, NY is the headquarters for the Bosch Security Systems sales organization in the United States and serves as the primary site for research and development, engineering, quality and product management for intrusion detection systems, including state-of-the-art sensors, control panels, communicators and more.
- An individual contributor role responsible for business development strategies, action plans, and relationships to influence the specification and purchase of Bosch product offerings, software, licenses, and services within the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) traffic market. This role will have responsibility for revenue generation for smart corridors and smart intersection management.
- Identify, qualify, and develop target clients based upon their business potential, industry influence, and competency in IT-based cloud and network solutions.
- Act as an integral part of our newly developed team specializing in analytics, services and data reports & dashboards applicable to the ITS vertical.
- Generate, follow-up and win projects leads in defined region (East Coast).
- Call upon all potential specifiers, influencers, and decision-makers within assigned industry segment(s)/accounts.
- Present, discuss, adjust and follow up on technical/commercial solutions with potential specifiers, influencers, and decision-makers.
- Gather and provide feedback on product requirements, market tends, customer/end-user needs to internal stake holders.
- Ensure that all discussions with potential clients and industry function related appearance conform to stated business objectives and Bosch Security Systems guidelines.
- Lend support in the sales process from initial contact.
- Develop and implement sales training program to bolster internal competence regarding ITS vertical.
Other Workplace Considerations:
- This role requires 50% travel within geographic region (Eastern United States).
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Marketing, or Management.
- 5+ years of experience with IT and cloud based networks.
- 5+ years of experience in the business development of solutions, software and services based offerings.
- 3+ years of ITS industry (IP video) experience, working with customers at a manufacturer level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT or Computer Science
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess strong winning mentality, be highly self-motivated and have strong presentation and follow up skills.
- Good working knowledge and experience in the design and installation of IP/IT products, preferably in the ITS market space
- Industry affiliations and certification a plus.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)