Software Development Manager at Bosch IoT Start-up
- Torenallee, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems B.V.
Security and Safety Things is a fully funded Bosch startup that works on the enablement of creating an application store for security cameras. In order to enable such platform a common operating system (OS) is needed which is based on the Android OS. This OS development is done by the OS engineering department in Eindhoven. Do you want to be a part of working on a technology stack in a true IoT environment? This is your chance.
Security and Safety Things is looking forward to your application!
As a Software Development Manager, you will be a servant leader for our engineering teams as well as driving the technical roadmap. You will be responsible for:
- Driving technology and product development activities
- Providing technical direction to successfully deliver components in our Operating System
- Participating in- and contributing to discussions on component architecture and integration
- Collaborating with the product team and executive stakeholders to prioritize initiatives and to plan resources effectively.
- Identifying improvement areas in your team’s functional, non-functional or soft skills by supporting them in their professional development
- Enabling your people to grow and foster their mastery skills and career
- Coaching and mentoring your team members
- Supporting the hiring process to attract the best talent
- Supporting your team in removing all impediments in the organization as well as identifying and managing stakeholders, and aligning with peers and leads
- 7+ years of experience in working in an embedded product development organization with any of the common agile practices
- 3+ years of experience in leading larger teams
- Strong pro-active mentality and able to be flexible in our dynamic enviroment
- BSc. or MSc. in Computer Science, Embedded Systems or similar
- Good knowledge of preferably Java or C++
- Experience with Android OS or Linux full stack is a big plus
- Passion about technologies and disruptive businesses
- Problem solving, conflict handling & coaching skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Professional proficiency in English
- Join a great and international team — Work with international colleagues (we have more than 25 nationalities) and enjoy our great team culture inside and outside work
- Have impact - Join a venture at an early stage and play a key part in revolutionizing and digitizing the security industry
- Get the best out of both worlds - Enjoy the benefits of a dynamic start up environment and the security and expertise of a corporate company
- Everyone matters - Get things moving quickly and take your own decisions within a fast-paced company culture - we live agile and flat hierarchies
- Feel comfortable - We offer a comfortable working space, diverse employee discounts and free drinks as well as home office opportunities
- Be yourself - Work in an open culture where everyone can be themselves and can come to work in a casual dress code
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
- Last but not least: Munich is regularly voted the city with the highest quality of living — and our office is right in the center close to Marienplatz.
Contact HR Department