Senior Cloud Software Developer
- Ovar, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
Welcome to Bosch
As a leader in the Internet of Things, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes and cities and connected industry and mobility. 130 years after Robert Bosch founded Bosch with the first low-voltage magnet, 390,000 employees around the world have helped create trends in innovation and connectivity. Bosch is represented in Portugal by three divisions of the Group. Our industrial units are located in Aveiro, Braga and Ovar. From these locations we develop and produce "Invented for life" technology with a purpose: to improve life quality of people through innovative and sparkly products.
Bosch Security Systems - Sistemas de Segurança, S.A., is focused on developing devices that will shape the smart cities of the future.
Robert Bosch Smart Home GmbH was founded 2016 in Germany as a 100 percent subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH. Now we want to build up a R&D team in Portugal. We develop intelligent connected devices, features and services in agile teams with an open work culture and flat hierarchies in an inspiring working environment. Our focus is to provide users with inspiring products for a comfortable and safe home.
As a senior software developer, you will be part of a new agile software development team in Ovar, Portugal and develop cloud-based solutions using modern technologies.
- Create something new: Eager to build new and exciting cloud based solutions.
- Teamwork: You design and plan the incremental implementations in a self-organized team using agile methodologies.
- Implement holistically: With your skills and creativity, you develop high-quality cloud-based solutions using latest technologies. You ensure the quality of the software through code reviews, automated tests and regular refactoring.
- Taking responsibility: You are responsible for the extension and maintenance of Bosch Smart Home cloud services. You take ownership of these services including 3rd level support, operations and on-call duty.
- Continuous improvement: You actively contribute your knowledge and experience for continuously improving the software development process
- Mentoring: You coach junior developers by sharing your knowledge and experience of clean code, design patterns and test-driven development.
- Personality: You have very good analytical skills, a structured way of working and the motivation to improve yourself further.
- Enthusiasm: You are convinced of the advantages of agile methods - and are a real team player. With your own initiative, close cooperation and personal responsibility, you actively contribute to the success of the team.
- Professionalism: Software development is your passion and a high level of quality awareness distinguishes you. You have an expert knowledge about software design patterns and techniques (e.g. DDD) as well as the principles of clean code and test-driven development (TDD).
- Experience: You have at least 5 years of professional software development experience and comprehensive knowledge of Java. You have advanced level of practical experience with different Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Cloud Foundry) and frameworks such as Vert.x, Spring Boot, and NodeJS. Furthermore, you are highly proficient in common development tools (such as IntelliJ, JUnit, Gradle, Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Jira).
- Languages: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of German is nice to have.
- Education: You have a diploma or bachelor's/master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!