Director, Engineering and Business Operations
- 130 Perinton Pkwy, Fairport, NY 14450, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
Fairport, NY is the headquarters for the Bosch Security Systems sales organization in the United States and serves as the primary site for research and development, engineering, quality and product management for intrusion detection systems, including state-of-the-art sensors, control panels, communicators and more.
The Director, Operations and Engineering will be responsible for participation in the development, and execution of the Intrusion business strategy & leading and managing the engineering department for Intrusion products in Fairport, NY. This role will also be accountable for all business governance processes and procedures for the business unit. The role ensures and is accountable for engineering and development rigor, schedule and budget delivery and for operational process excellence, governance and communication processes.
- Implements daily operations for the Intrusion product area
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement. Ensure gaps are closed if identified.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, manufacturing and stakeholders
- Leads, steers, counsels and advocates for local projects and PMO team.
- Represents the operational governance and engineering activities of the intrusion product line externally at conferences, fairs and events, as well as internally within North America.
- Accountable to lead, hire, coach and mentor a team of 3-5 direct report Engineering Managers, with a total global organization of approximately 100 associates, across 5 geographies.
- Leads the establishment and execution of a solution oriented agile development process. Ensures the organization is properly skilled to be successful in an agile environment.
- Aggressively manage budget of 14.6 mEUR, including capital investment and expenses to ensure the product area meets targets relative to growth and profitability
- Builds and socializes business governance practices & processes within the Intrusion product area. Engages other units as necessary to understand best practices.
- Responsible for quality, cost and delivery metrics associated with the engineering project portfolio
- Works collaboratively with MKP, PMO team, Quality to drive the desired business results and to ensure engineering projects meet timeline, quality cost and delivery goals and measures.
- Responsible for future proof system design and SW architecture.
- Initiating and managing knowledge sharing with technology partners and universities as needed
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other STEM discipline.
- Preferred - Master’s degree or higher in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience with at least 2-3 years in an engineering leadership/management role
- Business-fluent command of the English language in speech and writing.
- Knowledge of current web and cloud technology including java-script and java-frameworks.
- Proven background which demonstrates self-initiative, team-working ability, good communication skills, assertiveness, ability to work under pressure and negotiating skills
- Proven success in navigating a matrixed organization, including management of cross-functional leadership teams.
- Experience working in an R&D environment, with a focus on Engineering and / or Product and Project Management
- Able to understand complex technical matters
- Has successful experience bringing robust business governance principles, processes and discipline to prior roles.
- Experience leading teams through a disciplined problem solving process. Must be familiar with and experienced using a systemic, data driven approach to solving problems.
- Active listener with strong interpersonal skills; ability to balance empathy and driving for results
Due to the recent Executive Order to freeze access to new visas, we require indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)