Embedded Software Developer - Diagnostics Platform (C/C++)
- R. Max Grundig, 4705 Braga, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Car Multimedia Portugal
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Braga belongs to the Car Multimedia division and is focused on making the vehicles our third living space. The company supplies infotainment, display, connectivity and HMI solutions for passenger cars, trucks and two-wheelers. About 3,500 associates are committed to develop and produce high quality technology that shape change in mobility worldwide. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leading supplier in the automotive market.
Product: As part of the Diagnostic's Platform Team you will develop software platforms for current and future generations of diagnostic software applied on our multimedia products in the automotive industry.
Impact: You will be working on a technology that guarantees the quality of our products during its life cycle and enables the detection of malfunctions in our multimedia products.
Team: You will be part of a team of 7 people, spread between Germany, Portugal (Braga) and India, developing core functionalities for different hardware platforms. This team works under the Safe framework in small increment cycles (8 weeks) divided in 4 sprints of 2 weeks. We use full Scrum, including daily scrum meetings, bi-weekly sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives. We have a digital scrum board to highlight our successes but also our technical debt.
Typical day: You will interact with different people from different backgrounds (Germany, India, Hungary …) in order to solve conceptual and architecture software challenges while maintaining a good work-life balance with flexible working schedules. Depending on if you are an early bird or not, most probably your day will start with coffee, or tea or just be with your teammates while they are having some. Follow up with the team’s daily meeting where we share our blockers, our progress and we plan how the upcoming day will look like. In between, we will have lunch, breaks and lots of fun. Sometimes there are some cakes around, which you are always welcome to take. We love Celebrations!
The Job: Development and maintenance of software platforms for AUTOSAR, QNX and Linux. Following a V-Model approach, your role will go from performing requirements analysis to software design, from implementing high-quality core components to unit tests, from maintaining the physical application (components) to deployment, reviewing your peers work as well as having your work reviewed always on a fun, open and transparent culture. We succeed as a team!
- Perform requirements analysis
- Develop software in C/C++ (For our QNX, AUTOSAR or Linux based platforms)
- Design and develop software for diagnostics
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to ensure that all software specifications meet requirements.
- Define a reusable application framework for Bosch's products systems that scales for all our multimedia products. This framework must be capable of supporting all major product capabilities.
- Apply test-driven development (e.g. unit test and functional testing)
- Be part of technical reviews
- Mentoring and guiding the team members in topics of expertise
Performance goals: At the end of the first three months, you should be able to work autonomously and deliver quality software. By the end of the first 6 months, we expect that you are able to contribute to the architecture of the platforms. We will be with you along the way and we will provide the technical training that fits your job needs.
What distinguishes you:
- Solid experience in C and C++
- Embedded Linux experience or any other POSIX OS (e.g QNX)
- Test-driven development advocate using Google test, Cpp Unit. Catch or similar.
- Solid Knowledge of Git or any popular version control system (e.g. mercurial)
- Knowledge of Autosar (nice-to-have)
- Debugging skills using an oscilloscope – you know what we mean 🙂
- Can-do attitude: sometimes people are not available and we still have to solve the issues and keep things going.
- Continuous learning mindset: This is a project that touches a variety of areas. To be successful, you will need to be curious and interested in learning things on the edge/around the project.
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s, Master's or Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Robotics, Electrical Engineering
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!