Java Backend Developer (M/F)
- EN 16 – Km 3.7 – Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
- Work in an international team responsible for a leading IoT solution in the area of heating and decentralized energy supply, improving service quality and energy efficiency;
- Develop modern backend services in Java running in a Kubernetes cluster on Azure;
- Design and implement services for business logic, connectivity, and persistence;
- Specify a modular architecture with REST APIs between services and for the web client;
- Support the DevOps team in deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting;
- Design for reliability, security, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
What distinguishes you
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar subject;
- 3+ years of experience in similar functions (considered as a plus);
- Experience in backend software architecture, design, and development (OOD, UML);
- Proficiency in Java, Spring, Hibernate ORM, REST;
- Preferably competencies in Web IT security, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, NGINX;
- Good communication skills; fluent in English;
- Team player for efficient collaborative working style;
- Pro-active, dynamic and responsible attitude.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking lot | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!