Senior .NET Software Developer
- Ovar, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines talk to each other, and houses grow smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big, become part of a team of forward thinkers, and create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Ovar belongs to the Building Technologies division, and focuses on solutions that are shaping the smart cities of the future. The company develops and produces innovative hard- and software for security, safety, and communication systems. With about 700 employees, its success lies in the highly creative team and its technological know-how. Welcome to Bosch.
The product area “Management Software” is developing software and IT systems that are the glue in complex and distributed security installations with thousands of cameras, make them manageable, and create customer value even beyond security. Join us on our journey from simple video monitoring to intelligent and preventive security solutions, leveraging cutting-edge technologies like video analytics, face and object recognition, anomaly detection, IoT device management, and more.
- Help shape the future: You go ahead! You are inspired by making our world more secure, you are passionate about new Software technologies and sophisticated systems, and you are proficient in state-of-the-art development practices and IT technology. You create the next generation of video and building security management software and its components;
- Use your creativity and freedom: You work in an agile SCRUM team of Software developers. As senior developer you collaborate with stakeholders to determine requirements, you draft concepts and architectures for SW components, and you create complex applications with C#. You always have user experience and the quality of your software in mind;
- Experience collaboration: Your team and the international multi-site development community of our product area counts on you. In your daily work you closely cooperate within your team, with colleagues and experts at other locations, and with product-, project-, and local management. In addition, also external suppliers and other Bosch divisions and sites are part of your network.
What distinguishes you:
- Personality: You combine team play with curiosity, and delivering results is part of your DNA. You thrive in agile setups, and you possess sound communication skills in both local and international telecommunication setups. A pro-active attitude, a quality mindset as well as analytical, structured, result- and team-oriented characteristics describe you best;
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional software development in various positions, at least partially with C# on the Microsoft platform is required. Additionally, you have experience with agile development methodology;
- Knowledge: You are familiar with modern, service oriented and event driven software designs, software design patterns, and tool chains for the software development life cycle. You have professional knowledge of XAML/WPF, WCF for SOAP based services, REST based services, C# 5.0, C++ 11 (native). The following concepts ring a bell with you: MVC, MVVM, compositions, mediations, event aggregations, inversion of control, modern extensions mechanisms, dependency injection, unit tests, and mocking frameworks. In addition, expertise in Linux, virtualization, containerization, IoT, and device management are advantageous;
- Languages: Excellent spoken and written English skills are a must. Additionally German would be an advantage;
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent, higher degrees preferred.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made ...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!