(Graduation) Internship - Zigbee connectivity for the Bosch EasyControl
- Zweedsestraat 1, 7418 BG Deventer, Netherlands
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechniek B.V.
Bosch Thermotechnology, a Bosch division, aims to create healthy and affordable living conditions in residential buildings. To achieve this the Bosch EasyControl provides temperature control and creates awareness about energy usage and environmental conditions in the home. To enrich the environmental information presented by the EasyControl a connection to the Bosch Air, an environmental sensor, is intended.
The Bosch Air is a mobile sensor device with Zigbee capabilities. Using Zigbee the EasyControl can be enabled to receive data from this sensor, use it for control and present it to the user. The goal of this assignment is to integrate the Zigbee connectivity into the EasyControl application and add support for the Bosch Air. The software implementation will consist of creating an application interface to the Zigbee coprocessor and add support for the device specific Zigbee data clusters.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders (Product Owner, Architects).
- Create a software architecture that defines how to handle Zigbee device connections.
- Create a test strategy to validate the connectivity to Zigbee devices.
- Create software that allows the EasyControl to establish a connection with a Zigbee device.
- Create software that exposes the measurement data from the Bosch Air, via Zigbee on the Wi-Fi interface.
- Provide documentation of the delivered artifacts.
During this assignment you will be able to experience an international and agile working environment. Scrum and SAFe methodologies are used to shape the development process and close collaboration with colleagues at different development sites abroad is required.
- You are following a study related to Embedded Systems or Software Development.
- You have good analytical skills and have an eye for details.
- You are familiar with the C/C++ programming language.
- You are able to communicate proficiently in both Dutch and English.