Product Owner Diagnostics Software Platform (m/f)
- R. Max Grundig, 4705 Braga, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Car Multimedia Portugal
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Braga belongs to the Car Multimedia division and is focused on making the vehicles our third living space. The company supplies infotainment, display, connectivity and HMI solutions for passenger cars, trucks and two-wheelers. About 3,500 associates are committed to develop and produce high quality technology that shape change in mobility worldwide. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leading supplier in the automotive market.
Your contribution to something big:
Shape the future: As product owner of a software platform team you define the product vision for current and future generations of diagnostic software applied on our multimedia products in the automotive industry.
Impact: You are responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the development team by managing the product backlog reflecting requirements, use cases as well as business needs of our customers and stakeholders.
Team: You will be part of a team of 7 people, spread between Germany, Portugal (Braga) and India, developing core functionalities for different hardware platforms. This team works under the SAFe framework in small increment cycles (8 weeks) divided in 4 sprints of 2 weeks. We use full Scrum, including daily scrum meetings, bi-weekly sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives. We have a digital scrum board to highlight our successes but also our technical debt.
Typical day: You will interact with different people from different backgrounds (Germany, India, Hungary …) in order to plan, align and prioritize our product increments while maintaining a good work-life balance with flexible working schedules. Depending on if you are an early bird or not, most probably your day will start with coffee, or tea or just be with your teammates while they are having some. Follow up with the team’s daily meeting where we share our blockers, our progress and we plan how the upcoming day will look like. In between, we will have lunch, breaks and lots of fun. Sometimes there are some cakes around, which you are always welcome to take. We love Celebrations!
The Job: Setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by the SW platform team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of our diagnostics software. Following the SW development cycle your role will go from acquiring new projects using the product to planning and releasing software increments as planned, from preparing realistic roadmaps to gathering open feedback on our deliveries. You ensure that we deliver what is expected!
- Develop and adapt the product vision together with the SW architects;
- Decide what to build when and what NOT to build;
- Write user stories incl. specific acceptance criteria;
- Order the product backlog in a global alignment for the team;
- Conclude a release planning based on goals/benefits and dependencies;
- Groom your product backlog with the team;
- Observe, learn about, contact and analyze customers and end users of the product;
- Keep in touch with every stakeholder of the product regularly and manage their expectations;
- Report to management and stakeholders;
- Mentoring and guiding the team members and colleagues in topics of expertise;
Performance goals: At the end of the first three months, you should be able to work autonomously and maintain the backlog/roadmap well aligned with customer/stakeholders. By the end of the first 6 months, we expect that you are able to manage the future business of the product. We will be with you along the way and we will provide the technical training that fits your job needs.
What distinguishes you:
- Successfully released SW products that meet and exceed business objectives;
- Domain expertise in embedded software engineering;
- Automotive and/or diagnostics software experience are a plus;
- Excellent detailed written and verbal English communication skills;
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and teams without formal authority;
- Outstanding teamwork skills especially with people working in distributed teams and cultural backgrounds;
- Continuous learning mindset: This is a project that touches a variety of areas. To be successful, you will need to be curious and interested in learning things on the edge/around the project;
- Education: Bachelor’s, Master's or Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Robotics, Electrical Engineering.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!