Lead Backend Developer
- 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2, Canada
- Legal Entity: ETAS Embedded Systems Canada Inc.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
ESCRYPT is at the forefront of the exciting new ADAS technologies. You will work alongside talented experts in the industry and you will be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
Some perks of working at ESCRYPT Canada:
- Working in an open and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work from home office option
- Employee discounts for Bosch products
- Access to global network of industry experts for collaboration or new learning
When working in the office is available, and social distancing is no longer needed:
- Free drinks, coffee, and snacks
- Monthly office lunches alongside town halls
- Recreational outlets such as table tennis, foosball and PS4 games
The CycurV2X group is focused on developing V2X technologies to be used across the globe in millions of vehicles. If you want to join a team that is at the forefront of cybersecurity technology, then this is the team for you.
As the Lead Backend Developer for the team you will be responsible for ensuring the successful development of the solution. You will be someone the team looks up to for your technical expertise and development experience. You will own the development for the team, including taking ownership over the architectural design of the full solution, and play a key role in the development of the product.
As the Lead Backend Developer, you:
- Lead the development team to successful delivery of features and functionality in an agile collaborative and distributed environment of developers in Canada and Europe
- Have expertise in building scalable and reliable multi-server solutions, architecting and designing SaaS solutions, and knowledge about the best technologies to use to solve problems
- Own the system and software architecture of the solution, ensuring the best technology choices, architectural decisions, and design choices are made
- Coach and mentor other team members so they can reach their next level in development methodologies and thereby strengthen the team self-organization
- Collaborate with different stakeholders across the whole business, to ensure the correct features are delivered and on time
We are looking for passionate and smart individuals who are looking to learn and apply their skills in a challenging and innovative field. We do not expect you to have all of the skills listed, but have the aptitude and drive to grow and learn.
- 5+ years of experience developing backend solutions
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- In depth knowledge of backend software concepts and principles
- Expert with Microservices and server design patterns and best practices
- Experience with Java, C# with .Net or similar
- Experience with developing PKI Systems and enterprise solutions
- Proficiency with deployments in both cloud and customer environments
- Proficiency with full scope of testing - unit, integration, system, load, etc.
- Experience with SQL, NoSql, and other database technologies
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Goal oriented mindset and strong analytical skills
- Open and focused communication, which we find particularly important in our international and multicultural development environment
- Embrace agile and test driven development methods
- Strive for excellent quality
- Team player with focus on reaching team goals
Experience in the following are plus:
- Operations for on-premise and SaaS solutions
- Security Architecture and Solutions
- Practical cryptography experience
- CI/CD and Devops
At ESCRYPT we know diversity in gender, age, nationality, and culture is one of our key advantages. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and invite you to join us as part of a large multinational company where we take your career seriously and offer you the possibility to grow with us as part of a highly qualified and internationally experienced team. If you are interested in working in a highly technical, fast-paced and fun environment, we'd like to hear from you!