Senior Backend Architect - On-Prem & SaaS
- 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2, Canada
- Legal Entity: ETAS Embedded Systems Canada Inc.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
ESCRYPT is at the forefront of the exciting new ADAS technologies. You will work alongside talented experts in the industry and you will be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
Some perks of working at ESCRYPT Canada:
- Working in an open and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work from home office option
- Employee discounts for Bosch products
- Access to global network of industry experts for collaboration or new learning
When working in the office is available, and social distancing is no longer needed:
- Free drinks, coffee, and snacks
- Monthly office lunches alongside town halls
- Team building perks such as ping ping, foosball, and PS4
You will be joining the CycurV2X-SCMS team that is developing a Secure Credential Management System (SCMS) solution that will be used across the globe to service millions of vehicles. The agile team is highly efficient, collaborative, and takes pride in the product they develop. If you want to join a team that is open, innovative, and at the forefront of technology, then this is the team for you.
As a Senior Backend Architect on the team you will use your knowledge and expertise to develop an enterprise grade solution that works for both on-premise and SaaS models. Your primary focus will be the software and system architecture, but also enabling the design and development to deliver a robust, and scalable solution. You will be joining the development scrum team and participating in the full development process. You will also be involved in product level decisions such as providing technical advice for product roadmap, and interfacing with external and internal stakeholders.
As an experienced architect you:
- are able to design and build a product solution that meets stakeholder expectations
- have the ability to evaluate what works best and what doesn’t; having the confidence and ability in making the correct decisions
- have a quality centric approach and are not satisfied with solutions that ‘just work”, but strive to create the best solution possible
- have highly developed teamwork skills and communication skills, being able to work with a wide array of people
We are looking for a passionate and smart individual who is looking to learn and apply their skills in a challenging and innovative field. We do not expect you to have all of the skills listed, but have the aptitude and drive to grow and learn.
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture, system architecture, or related roles
- Strong experience in designing and building on-premise solutions and having deploying them in customer sites
- Proficiency in designing and building SaaS solutions
- Experience working in a product space with high amount of compliances and dealing with privacy laws from multiple regions
- Understanding of server design patterns and best practices (Microservices, MVC, MVVM, etc.)
- Ability to engage in product level decisions and provide technical expertise
- Experience with technologies like docker, kubernetes, puppet, chef, helm, ansible, istio, or similar technologies
- Proficient with C# .NET/.NET Core or similar
- Goal oriented mindset and strong analytical skills
- Open and focused communication, which we find particularly important in our international and multicultural development environment
- Embrace agile and test driven development methods
- Strive for excellent quality
- Team player with focus on reaching team goals
Experience in the following are plus:
- Operations for on-premise and SaaS solutions
- Security Architecture and Solutions
- Practical cryptography experience
- CI/CD and Devops
At ESCRYPT we know diversity in gender, age, nationality, and culture is one of our key advantages. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and invite you to join us as part of a large multinational company where we take your career seriously and offer you the possibility to grow with us as part of a highly qualified and internationally experienced team. If you are interested in working in a highly technical, fast-paced and fun environment, we'd like to hear from you!