Model-Based Software Developer, Engineering Center Cluj
- Strada Constanța, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch S.R.L.
Welcome to a place where your ideas lead to something big. Welcome to Bosch. Whether in areas of driver assistant systems, automated driving, connected and electric mobility, our ideas make driving safer than ever before. This is only possible with the help of more than 600 talented engineers from Bosch Engineering Center Cluj specialized in software engineering, hardware and mechanical engineering, reliability engineering & quality validation, who work closely together with other Bosch Engineering Centers and with Bosch Plant Cluj. So why not join us in starting something remarkable? Make it happen.
We use our innovative strength and power to develop products providing significant value add for our customers. Our system competence is key to be the number one partner in developing innovative solutions for tomorrow’s Powertrains - which will be connected, electrified, and part of the automated vehicle.
Intelligent algorithms and electronic components enable cost optimized solutions and derive maximum performance from the propulsion system.
- Develop innovative physical models for real-time automotive control units, in specific functionalities like: regulation of air systems (e.g. for fuel cell or combustion engines), fail-safe monitoring and other various automotive software functions for Bosch Powertrain ECUs based on input information concerning torque, engine speed, various actuators, all signals which characterize the driver’s demand as well as external commands;
- Analyze, discuss and clarify requirements in a very close cooperation with our customers;
- Design and define the best and most robust functionality, using Matlab/Simulink/ASCET, following a model based software development approach;
- Module testing and software integration testing;
- Documentation of software components;
- Active participation and responsibility in each phase of the project, from start to production;
- Close cooperation with international development partners (HW engineers, Mechanical Engineers, System engineers, Test engineers, etc.);
- University degree in Mechatronics, Computer Science, Automation, Electronics, Physics, or comparable
- Good knowledge of automotive systems and functional concepts (e.g. powertrain, driver assistant systems)
- Good knowledge of model based SW development using Matlab/Simulink/ASCET
- Experience with embedded software development (e.g. C programming language)
- Experience with automotive vehicle communication (preferably CAN bus)
- Experience with signal processing and control
- Eager to work with the newest automotive technologies, understand complex systems and shape the behaviour of the future cars
- Proactive and adaptable to new development environment
- Self-motivated and responsible way of working
- A good level of English; German can be an advantage;
Nice to have:
- Willingness to travel, scientific research experience;
- 25 days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work 5 days per month from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
- Lunch discounts and daily subsidies at our canteen/restaurant;
- Private medical insurance, because your health is a priority to us;
- Flexible benefits - On top of your salary, we offer you a monthly budget via your benefit account, which can be used for several different services;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Internal development Trainings - we have local development programs for Project Managers, Line Managers and Experts;
- Inspiring working conditions.