Security Software Developer - (IoT) Product Security
- Koramangala 80 Feet Rd, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Ltd.
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited (RBEI), is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global supplier of technology and services, offering end to end engineering, IT and Business solutions.
With over 18000 associates, RBEI is the largest software development center of Bosch outside Germany, indicating we are the Technology Powerhouse of Bosch in India. We have a global footprint with presence in US, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. RBEI is ISO 9001:2008 certified (2012), appraised at CMMI-L5 as per version 1.3 (2011), ASPICE - level3 based on version 2.5 and ISO 15504- 5 and 7, and also ISO 27001 with seven state-of-the-art facilities spread across Bangalore and Coimbatore in India, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam and Guadalajara in Mexico, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 certified (2014).
We nurture, build and sustain enduring customer relationships to enable direct operational and strategic benefits to our customers. We make it happen through qualified, motivated and flexible professional associates, who uphold the heritage and values of Bosch - time-tested over 125 years of a successful journey; a journey marked by quality, reliability and innovation of service to enhance the interest of our customers and the community we live in.
We provide solutions for businesses in primarily three areas:
Our focal industries:
•Consumer Goods and Building Technology.
“We see RBEI as helping us to achieve the technological lead we need to have in order to prevail in increasingly competitive world markets….. RBEI is about ensuring product excellence under conditions that allow us to maintain our global competitiveness” – Mr. Franz Fehrenbach, Chairman of the Board of Management, Robert Bosch GmbH.
• Design, develop and test secure IoT bootloaders for the ARM Cortex-M controller family with the following functions
1. Root of Trust anchor (hardware-based)
2. Valid chain of trust
3. Boot halt on verification failure
4. Rollback protection
• Evaluate and approve hardware secure elements or modules (from various vendors) for use as Hardware-based root(s) of trust, providing
1. Verifiable, trustable and unique device identities
2. Secure Device authentication
3. Verified Boot
4. Secure key storage
5. Crypto processing or acceleration.
Min 3 years of experience
• 12 months of experience in building drivers, packages and bootloaders - in embedded Rust or embedded C or micropython.
• A working knowledge of different MCU (Cortex M, Cortex A) core-peripherals, features, and development environments. Along with the ability to write drivers (and board support packages if required) for boards from STM, NRF, Microchip, NXP.
• Version control and build systems for embedded applications
• Well-versed with debugging tools like GDB, OpenOCD and profiling tools for embedded development and hardware tools such as protocol analyzer's, logic analyzer's.
• A basic understanding of RTOS's.
• A working knowledge of available security-specific open-source libraries and the ability to interpret electronic design schematics, understand the various signaling schemes, protocols and logical interfaces in a circuit design.
• 20% travel with the opportunity for worldwide travel